Chapter 13- Unwanted Visit 2

Andrew's POV

"Alright Mr. Blake, I'll look through the files and call you tomorrow......yea bye", I said ending the call with my client.

I heard talking in the dining room so I went to look, with my attention still on my phone, checking my last minute deadlines.

" Becca, has Lizzy and Drew gone to be....", I stopped midway as I raised my head from the phone and spotted Becca and Claire at the table!

I felt my stomach fell to my feet and my heart picked up it's acceleration. Thoughts of how and why Claire was here were flying through my mind.

Claire had this deadly glare on her face while Rebecca looked at me confused.

"Cla....Claire?", I asked, not knowing what I was really asking. Realization dawned up on me and I quickly corrected myself.

"I mean...Ms. Carter, you're here?", I asked her. She was just about to respond when Rebecca cut in.

"Yes Andrew, I invited her over for dinner to apologize for the misunderstandings in the morning.", Becca said looking up at me.

I sighed, relieved. "Oh that's cool, I'll be upstairs then", I said feeling a little hesitant leaving my wife alone with my mistress, but I had to get out of Claire's sight...seeing the daggers she was throwing at me.

I turned to leave. "Oh no you don't, we are going to talk about this together. Come sit right here", Becca said patting the seat beside her.

I looked in Claire's direction and saw that she had lowered her head to drink the wine in her cup. I went beside Becca and she came closer to me with Claire on the other side of the table directly in front of us.

I felt quite awkward sitting there. "So Claire, I don't want to be intrusive, but I couldn't help but ask.....what's the cause of your father's death?", Becca asked and I immediately looked up at Claire.

She was staring right back at me as if to say what should be her response. I nodded to her for reassurance.

"The doctors are looking into it....he just fell sick", she said and I could almost hug her for her quick response since her mom and Dad were in London for the past year. I know she would kill me for putting a bad omen on her dad.

"That's so sad, my condolences goes out to your family", Becca replied pushing her hands into mine and resting her head on my shoulder. I could see that Claire was fuming with anger seeing our close proximity.

This wasn't going to end well, I thought. "I don't know what I would've done if I lost my family, especially my kids and husband", Becca said looking up at me softly, cuddling more into me.

I gave her a reassuring smile and a kiss on her forehead. Claire looked as if she would erupt any minute seeing Becca so near to me.

"Uhm, may I use your bathroom?", Claire asked a little aggressively, obviously can't take the sight of Becca and I together like that.

"Yeah sure it's straight ahead, first right", Becca said to Claire, who stormed off down the dark hall.

"I'm glad I invited her over Andrew or else guilt would've killed me. Oh well I'll just go wash her dish and mine before she gets back.", Becca told me going into the kitchen.

I used this as the perfect opportunity to talk to Claire. I walked briskly down the hallway and stopped in front the bathroom door. I could hear the face basin water running.

I gently opened the door and there stood Claire crying, trying to wash the tears off her face rather aggressively. I turned her around roughly.

"Why did you come to my home?, to bond with my wife, huh?. How could you even come here without my permission?...Why are you even crying?, because i embraced my wife? well i have to. We have been married for six years, before I even knew you!", I shouted-whispered to her angrily all in one breath.

She pulled her hand away from mine, wiping her tears. "I didn't come on my own. Your precious wife forced me to and I couldn't say no", she said glaring at me. "But now I know I'm the unwanted visit", Claire continued, heading for the door knob.

I grabbed her hand before she could leave and spun her around on the door. Before she knew it my mouth was on hers, branding her lips in a passionate yet fierce kiss, she immediately started to respond.

Pulling me more into her, I released from our kiss first, knowing that Becca might be finished with the dishes by now. I kissed her lips again and signalled to her that I had to leave. I closed the door behind me, a soft smile playing on my lips.

"Andrew?", I froze on spot as Becca's  voice rang through behind me. I slowly turned around.

"What were you doing in the bathroom with Claire?", she asked me with wide eyes.

"He was trying to fix the wash basin pipe for me", Claire declared from behind me. It looked like she came out after me.

"Oh...okay", Becca said looking at me awkwardly. Claire sensing the weird vibe decided to speak up.

"Wow, it's already 9:30. Time really flies, I better get home or else I will be late for work tomorrow. Mr. Staunton wouldn't like his PA being late.", Claire laughed.

"And I was just beginning to have fun with you" Becca pouted.

"Maybe some other time....thanks again for the dinner, it was lovely. Good night", Claire said walking through the door.

"She's really sweet, Andrew. I definitely want another day out with her", Becca said clutching her hand around my waist.

"Its time to go to bed now, I think you have done enough work for the day", I said to Becca smiling. Pulling her up the stairs behind me.

"I sure have", she chuckled.

Vote and comment on this chapter.😘💞💖💕