EPILOGUE

Covet

Angelina

"For as much as it has pleased Almighty God to take out of this world the soul of Jacob William Knight we therefore commit his body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, looking for that blessed hope when the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

Here we were all stood back in Mystic Falls Cemetery lowering my brother into the ground listening to the beginning of Covet by Basement play from the speakers. We were all dressed in suits with funky ties. Mine had ducks on it and Kol's had frogs on it, we just picked them up from this crazy tie store in Charlottesville.

My Mom clutched my Dad sobbing violently, I could never tell her the real reason my brother died. We had to pass it off as a mugging gone wrong which was tearing me apart that my Mother and Father would never know that my brother died a noble man. He saved my life and I'll forever be in debt to him.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Some random girl from high school appeared at my side with a fake smile on her face. She was trying to be kind, I understood that but I didn't want her fake pity. She never even knew my last name until the priest read out Jacob's name.

"Thanks Eleanor." 

"It's Elise!"

"Whatever." I dismissed her not wanting to converse with her anymore as she already infuriated me even more. I was devastated at the loss of my brother but Kol was helping me cope. He helped me take my mind off it and he helped me learn to live without him.

I will never get over the death of my brother and I'll never overcome the fact that it was practically my fault but I'll learn to live with it and get on with my eternal life with the knowledge.

I dropped a Saffron flower and a White Lily onto his coffin as my mother and father sprinkled dirt onto it. I turned away from the grave stone, covering my mouth as I tried to hold back my sobs that were about to take over my body. Kol wrapped his arm around my body shielding me from this harsh world.

"Damon said there was going to be a small party back at the boarding house whenever you're ready." Kol whispered to me but all I did was nod. Since we've gotten back to Mystic Falls, I hadn't had anytime to go visit the Salvatore brothers or Bonnie. I introduced Kol to my parents as I said I would and they instantly fell in love with him.

Kol bought a house in Mystic Falls for him to live him and it had enough rooms for his siblings to visit since they were staying in New Orleans for the time being. Klaus was recovering from losing the one thing he wanted but with one loss came a gain, the Saffron Angel he was smitten with centuries ago.

Renette Franklin was a girl who he was hopelessly in love with centuries ago who offered to open the chamber for him which he reluctantly agreed to, once I opened the chambers all the Saffron Angels that had been trapped or sent into a deep slumber awoken and escaped the chamber unharmed. Renette sought out Niklaus and he was more than happy to carry on from where things left off.

Rebekah had admitted her feelings to Marcel was seeing how things were going with him and Elijah had met a new girl that none of us had met yet. And for Kol and I, we were great. Fantastic. 

"Can we go now? I want to see everybody." I asked him, holding onto his hand for dear life. I was stressed, we hadn't heard from the amártisan witches yet but I had no doubt that they would be causing me trouble soon enough.

"Yes, of course. I love you a lot, you know that right?" Kol asked, he kept doing this. He kept saying his 'I love you's' as if it was going to be his last. I mean I don't blame him, we've had our fair share of near death experiences but now we plan to live a normalish life. Of course he was still an Original Vampire and I was an immortal Saffron angel and that's as far as normal as you could get but I didn't want the drama and the psychotic witches after me anymore.

I was going to live my immortal life with Kol Mikaelson and whatever baggage his name has to throw at me because I loved him unconditionally and that never going to go away. No one will ever take my other half away from me because he's under the protection of a Saffron Angel and no one wants to face the wrath of one them.

Now there were plenty Saffron Angels walking the Earth and I was the only immortal one. I knew immortal life was going to be difficult and it was going to take time to adjust but as long as I had Kol by my side I think I could get through anything.

"Of course I know that, and I love you too." He smiled at my response seeming satisfied with it as he leant down and place a small kiss to my temple. Something which he did a lot, lots of little affectionate gestures. Cheeks, forehead and temple kisses. Hugs from the side, behind and the front. I love you's left, right and centre.

"I'm really proud of you know? I admire you so much because you've only lived eighteen nearly nineteen years of your life and you've already been through so much that you couldn't even begin to imagine and I completely and utterly admire you for that." Kol spoke his thoughts which was also something he did a lot, aimlessly rambling on and airing his thoughts to me which I always appreciated.

Kol was a delicate creature and was too complexed for the human mind to understand, he did things that would be outrageous to some but fascinating to me. Only I and I alone will ever understand the ins and outs of Kol Mikaelson, the way his brain works, the way his heart beats and everything about him was my own little puzzle that I was slowly but surely putting it all together and understanding the picture much clearer and admired it's beauty even more at the closer I got to finishing the puzzle. 

There were only a few puzzle pieces left to fit into our own little puzzle that would tell a story that seemed too far fetched to believe, stories about witches, angels, werewolves, doppelgängers and vampires. 

A story read by many but only believed by some.

OMG IT'S OVER IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER NOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT LIKE I'VE ONLY EVER COMPLETED ONE FAN FICTION AND IT WAS SO BAD ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT BUT THIS ONE IS SOMETHING I'M LEGIT PROUD OF LIKE IT'S MY BABY AND I'M JUST SO HAPPY HOW IT PANNED OUT, LIKE I ADMIT IT COULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN SO MUCH BETTER AND I COULD HAVE GONE INTO DEPTH ON THE SAFFRON ANGELS AND EXPANDED THE CHARACTERS SO MUCH FURTHER BUT SO FAR I LIKE IT HOW IT IS MAYBE I'LL EDIT IT IN THE FUTURE BUT IDK

ALSO I KINDA LEFT IT OPEN FOR A SEQUEL JUST DEPENDS IF ANYONE WOULD ACTUALLY READ THE SEQUEL, LIKE I MIGHT IF IT GETS MORE READS OR SOMETHING BUT IT'S DEFINITELY SOMETHING I'D THINK ABOUT DOING AND I COULD THINK OF A PLOT FOR THE SEQUEL THAT WOULD FEATURE SO MUCH 'KOLELINA' (SHIP NAME THAT I JUST MADE NOW TBH)  SO YEAH IF ANYBODY WOULD ACTUALLY READ A SEQUEL BC PERSONALLY I DON'T REALLY READ SEQUELS BC I'VE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT IT SHOULD JUST HAVE AN ENDING AND BE LEFT ALONE 

IDK WHY I'M TALKING IN CAPS I'M JSUT EXCITED THAT I'VE FINALLY FINISHED MY WORK OF ART

SO YEAH THANJS FOR VOTING AND COMMENTING AND EVERYTHING BC I LOVE YOU ALL 

-ANNIE