four

the 'clifford corporations' that michael talks about turns out to be a massive building with at least twenty floors. i'm speechless as michael pulls me through the building filled with glass windows that allow natural light to be shone inside.

as we enter the steel elevator, michael grins a sweet smile at me before pressing a button.

"we're going to my main office," michael explains as i stare at him, my palms sweaty.

"sounds fun," i say shyly when i realize how successful the man standing before me actually is.

"but before we get there, i need to get that stats of my recent video game." michael explains, leading me off the silver contraption.

i nod cluelessly as michael weaves between the crowds of people working for him. we reach a small office near the back of the corridor and michael knocks on the door politely.

"come in!" a slightly high pitched masculine voice calls politely.

michael opens the door and immediately, my eyes land on a platinum blond haired boy with icy blue eyes sitting behind a desk. his papers are stacked messily and they seem unorganized.

"good afternoon, jason." michael states calmly.

"certainly," the charming boy grins, shuffling papers around until he finds his desired sheet. "the game is a success. over ten thousand purchases so far and it's only been released two nights ago."

"great," michael's velvety smooth says graciously.

i'm envious of jason's easy grace. his petite waist and small, soft features. i hate the way he hops around and the way michael gazes at the smaller boy.

michael accepts the papers and without another word, turns around and leads me back to the elevators. my mind is clouded with annoyed thoughts; i don't even realize that i'm standing inside a roomy office until michael clears his throat.

"nice office," i whisper, my blue eyes catching a glimpse of hundreds of awards decorating the walls.

"thanks," michael looks around his work space proudly. "i'm sure you're wondering why i invited you here."

"office sex?" i guess quizzically.

for a moment, michael's green eyes widen and dilate. "i- uh, um. er, well."

"i didn't mean it like that! it just slipped!" i fumble over my words as my cheeks burn a bright red colour.

"well, that wasn't the purpose of this trip but perhaps next time. i remember you telling me how you're going to school to learn more about video game development." michael raises an eyebrow pointedly.

"yeah, i am." i confirm.

"well, as much as i would love to offer you a full fledged job, it would be unfair. you're still a university student who didn't even get his degree yet; we don't want people to think i'm playing favourites. until you're qualified, i would like to offer you an easier job. the wonderful job of being my assistant," michael says hopefully, his nimble fingers tapping on the hard wood of his desk.

"assistant?" i repeat, considering his suggestion.

"yeah. you know, grabbing my coffee, running minor errands. things like that." michael explains calmly. "believe me, i'll pay you much better than mcdonalds's can."

ditching mcdonald's to work for michael? that sounds like actual heaven.

before i can properly answer, michael's phone buzzes. a monotonous voice beeps out a message; visitor to see mr clifford. shall we send him up?

"yeah," michael states absentmindedly, shaking his head. "i have to interview some guy, we'll discuss this later. call me after and we'll talk things out."

"that sounds great," i agree, grabbing one of his business cards from his desk.

"i'm hoping to get a call from you soon, beautiful."

-

this chapter is boring. i'm aware. i've been kinda dead lately, i'm sorry. on a happier note, one of my other muke fanfictions hit 103k today!

anyways, i've been reading more often now. if you're writing a muke fanfiction, this is your chance for me to notice you! below, comment the title and a brief description of your fanfiction and i'll be reading as many of your stories as possible.

suggest some muke fanfictions here----->

all the love,

- rose ( @-riptidemuke )