Fourteen

Ellen

"It's so peaceful out here, contrary to what happens in this house all the time..." I said as I opened my arms and walked towards the beach.

"Don't you sometimes think of leaving?" I heard Junsun's voice from behind me.

I turned to look at him and furrowed my eyebrows.
"Leave? I don't think leaving would make things any better, I'm the one they want,"

"What about leaving the country? Change your identity?" he suggested as stood next to me looking out at the water.
I let out a dry laugh before shaking my head, "ㅡI wouldn't, I don't really have a reason to leave. At least not right now."

"What if we left together? I could protect you..." I felt myself feel uneasy at the thought of just running away and walked towards him.

"I'm not going to just leave especially after everything Yoongi has done for meㅡ"

"Oh, please Ellen, do you really feel that way? He doesn't even acknowledge your presence...he doesn't deserve you worrying about him all the timeㅡ"

Before I could respond to his rude comment his phone began to ring. I gave him an odd look and he only ignored his phone, allowing it to continue to ring. Yoongi's men weren't allowed to carry their phones, the only communication mode was their radios.

"Did you forget to put away your phone? If Yoongi hears that he's going to be upset." I crossed my arms and turned back to walk towards the house.
"Ellen, I need to talk to you," he aggressively grabbed my arms stopping me.

"Are you going to answer that?" I signaled to his phone that had began to ring for a second time.
He ignored me and looked back at the house in a cautious manner. I reached for it l, frustrated at the awkward situation and was surprised when he pushed my hand away defensively.
"Who's calling you so persistently?" I began to mock feeling offended by his move.

"Look, I'm in trouble and if you don't listen to me you might be tooㅡ" he whispered.

My heart dropped at the immediate thought of who was that persistent caller.
"You work for him..." I looked up at his eyes and immediately got the answer. I began to move away and called out for Yoongi.

He caught up behind me trying to hold my arms down, "Ellen... let me explain, he offered to help us leave if I work for him,"
"Don't fucking touch me!" I yanked away but he grabbed me by the shoulders.
"Listen to me! We can leave after they take care of Yoongi and his family!"

"Leave with you?! Yoongi and his men, the ones you betrayed happen to be my only friends, my family," I slapped him and started to run towards the house.

The sand made it difficult for me to run fast and he quickly catched up to me and pulled me by my arm.

"Yoongi!" I yelled as loud as I could.

"Shut up!" Junsun raised his arm and
I fell to the ground at the impact of his hand on my face.

I looked up with my hand over my stinging cheek and saw as Yoongi run out of the house followed by the six men pulling out their guns.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I heard Yoongi's deep voice.

Junsun stood back, fear in his eyes and raised his hands.

I quickly stood up and ran towards Yoongi,
"He's a liar and a traitor" I cried out as I fell into Yoongi's arms he hugged me with his left arm and his right arm holding his gun firmly pointing at Junsun.

"He's been contacting Eunho" I cried into his chest for only him to hear me.

"Fucking traitor" I heard Yoongi shout and without hesitation I felt his arm vibrate and a gunshot echo.

I let out a cry not wanting to turn already knowing Junsun's body was probably laying there lifeless.

I pulled away and ran as fast as I could into the house and up the stairs into the bathroom.

"Ellen!" I heard Yoongi yell and chase after me but I managed to lock the door before he reached me.

I looked in the mirror and saw the bruise starting to form on my cheek. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I broke down.

Maybe it wasn't because of what had just happened but because I had bottled up my feelings.

I was angry--I was angry at Junsun for becoming a traitor, I was angry at Yoongi for never being here with me but most of all I was angry at myself for being the reason behind all of this.

"Ellen--I'm so sorry--I'm sorry you had to witness that. I'm sorry I brought you into this shithole with me. You don't deserve this and I keep telling myself that but I just can't seem to let you go--I can't"

His voice was full of sorrow and regret but what hurt me more was the fact that he thought that way.

I slowly opened the door to find him leaning on the door frame.
"I'm sorry--This isn't what you want"

I sniffled and looked up at him.
"Yoongi-"

"I want you--I want the guy that wears sweaters and beanies, the guy who's always smiling when I look at him and holds my hand all the time. But I also want the tough mafia boss that gets home at night with a dirty shirt and holster with guns--the man that will do anything to protect me. I want Min Yoongi; flaws and all"

I pushed his chin up to look at him and ran my hand through the back of his hair.

"I will put up with anything as long as I'm with you" I said as I pulled him into a kiss.

I could tell he was surprised at first but quickly gave in as he firmly grabbed my waist and pulled me tight onto his body.

I let out a laugh as I pulled away and bit my lip.

"Ellen--I know this isn't the ideal scenario--but will you be mine?" He held my cheek in his hand "I want you as my partner-- in crime, in life, everything"

I nodded as he kissed my forehead.

"Hyung, we have a mess to clean up" we heard Jungkook call from downstairs.

I turned down as tears fell onto the floor.
"I can't believe Junsun is dead, that he would do something like that"

"I want you to go to bed it's been a long day for you and please don't cry anymore it's not your fault he turned his back on us" said Yoongi before he walked downstairs "remember he got what every traitor deserves and as my girlfriend you can't let shit like this get to you--I know you're strong"

I nodded and smiled at him before he walked away.

I washed my face, got into my silk pajamas and slid into bed.

I was in the middle of watching a drama when Yoongi finally walked in.

I couldn't help but notice how sexy he looked with his messy hair and tight bloody dress shirt and brown holster holding his two guns on each side.

He walked into the shower and by the time he got out I was already tucked in.

He crawled into bed next to me and pulled me to him.

"What did you do with-?" I whispered to him but he shushed me.

"Don't worry about that baby" he obviously seemed exhausted so I decided not to ask anything else.

I'd been a long day and I knew I couldn't hold on to Junsun's death I knew what I was getting myself into but I chose Min Yoongi-- the notorious drug dealer.