Two ➸ Life Sentence

This chapter is dedicated to Heavenlyhash333! Gina, you're such a sweetheart, and I'm a better person having known you! Thank you for founding FANTASCI and for your constant support. I aspire to be able to write like you one day, you're just so filled with talent! (:

"So how long are you going to keep that up?" Warren asked Logan, looking at his reflection in the mirror as Logan fixed his black hair into a quiff

"Keep what up?" Logan asked.

"That!" Warren said, as if it would clear anything up.

"And what exactly is 'that?" Logan looked annoyed at the boy standing behind him.

"Your hair, dummy. How long are you going to keep doing your hair like that? We're in prison. Why bother?"

"Because I like it." Logan said defensively.

"Well, I suppose you might as well try. After all, you'll never be much in comparison to me." Warren twirls his hand and flutters his eyelashes, looking like a ridiculous barbie impersonator. 

"Really?" Oliver walked over to the two boys. "Are you that full of yourself?"

"If by 'myself' you mean pure amazing, yes. Clearly."

"Or maybe you're just that insecure?" Logan shrugged.

"Five more minutes!" A guard called stiffly.

"Hey boys, remember the days of being allowed in the bathroom for as long as you wanted?" Foster walks by the group of three and out the door.

"How did him and Bianco shower so fast?" Logan wondered aloud.

"Well Jake was in the army, remember?" Oliver mentioned. "Probably is used to getting ready fast."

"He's such a freak," Warren laughed, "He doesn't ever talk, and when he does he sounds like a terrified little girl! I bet he was discharged for being a wimp."

"Hey," Logan frowned. "Don't say something like that. Everyone's a bit scared right now."

"Mmmm, not me." Warren replied.

"Dude, he could have PTSD," Oliver spoke in an urgent, hushed tone.

"See. Wimp!" Warren started walking towards the door.

"That's not—" Oliver followed him out, protesting his statement.

Logan stood where he was, staring at himself in the mirror, a frown on his face. His brown eyes were so dark that they could've be mistaken as black, especially in that lighting.

"Please tell me this is a dream," he whispered. "A really bad dream."

~~~~Logan~~~~