Chapter 29

"I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath."
- Lisa Kleypas

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Wake up... Amanda

Baby

Hearing voices, I was woken from my sleep. Groggily I look up and see Xavier looking at me, smiling I say hi to him.

"Time to wake up princess, we're almost there." Nodding I get up and kiss his cheek and point towards the bathroom to let him know I'm going to freshen up.

I look towards the other seat and see Tessa sleeping. I decided to wake her up too so she could freshen up as well.

"Tessa, wake up. We're almost there"

"Hmmmm, Mandy let me sleep" she says murmuring in her sleep. Shaking my head I decided to wake her up later.

Five mins later:

Coming out of the bathroom feeling fresher felt amazing. Xavier looked busy on his laptop fixing some documents and Tessa, still asleep.

There's only one way to wake her up. I stand in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders and shake her repeatedly until she wakes up.

"I'm up dammit, I'm up!" Tessa yells.

Smiling at her I point my finger at the bathroom and tell her to go freshen up. Few minutes later we hear the announcement that they're landing and to remain in our seats.

Time went by so fast, in few mins we landed in Cancun, Mexico. Looking at him I mouth "Liar" he shrugs and smirks at me. Taking my hand we both go towards the limo waiting for us. Getting in we all Buckle up and start to chat.

"You told me we were going only few hours away but in America. Liar" I poke Xavier.

He laughs at me and bites my finger that was poking him. I blush and take my finger away. Laughing he replies

"well I didn't want to tell you where we were going but I also knew you wouldn't be at rest until you knew, so yeah I made a little lie"

Tessa starts laughing at me and I glare at her. "That's so true, she is so impatient and hates surprises, good thing you lied to her or else you would've had one heck of a time trying to silence her"

I glare at them both and look outside the window pouting.

"Awww baby don't pout. You know we love you" Tessa says teasing me.

I shrug and ignore her. Few seconds later I feel Xavier's arms around me pulling me closer to him. He nuzzles my neck and whispers "I love you Cara" just these words and I already melted.

I keep asking myself that what did I do to deserve such a worthy man in my life. I must've done some great deed in my past life.

Smiling I turn to look at him and kiss his cheek. Leaning my head towards his chest I close my eyes and rest. Being in his arms always relaxes me.

Half an hour later the limo stops in front of a gate. I see the driver pushing a button and few seconds later the gates are opened. Driving, I couldn't help but gape at the scenery, it was beautiful. Greenery everywhere, tall trees everywhere and beautiful architecture with a long road to the main house.