Chapter Fourteen.

Dakota Aniston

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My mouth was dry.

And everything hurt. Pulsing pain started in my scalp and continued all the way down to my toes. My eyes seemed to be beating against my still closed eyelids and my head was on fire, the powerful headache pounding against my temples.

Bright sunlight streamed from the open window, making me wince and cower more under the blankets. As I did that, I felt dry sand brush against my bare legs and dig into my skin.

Wait, why were my legs bare?

Opening my eyes, I gazed out the window, still monetarily confused. My tongue was thick as was my head, and I couldn’t move. I groaned, shutting my eyes against the deathly sunlight. Every muscle ached and I was cursing myself for drinking last night.

As I tried to move, I realized I couldn’t, for a heavy weight was holding me down. Rubbing some leftover sleep from my eyes, I turned over.

I froze.

My body rolled into Elijah’s chest; his bare chest. And the weight holding me down was his arm which was casually slung over my hips, his warm fingers pressed into the curve of my bottom. I gulped quietly and my heart rated altered.

My eyes slowly moved over the tanned, defined chest, the peaks, the abs, and oh help me God, I looked past his curve hips.

Elijah was naked. I was in my bed with a naked Elijah!

I did the only thing I could think of.

I screamed.

“What the hell?” Elijah roared. He turned against the impact of my voice, his hands instantly rising to cradle his head, which I could imagine felt exactly like mine. “Why are you screaming?” He hissed at me, rubbing the corners of his closed eyes.

My heart was tripled and I was pretty sure it was going to burst right out of my chest. “Why are you naked?” I wailed then slowly, I peeled back the covers to look at myself. Oh, God. My face paled and my heart dropped to my stomach. “Why am I naked?” I shirked even louder.

“What?” Elijah murmured. He held out a hand as if to silence my pleas. “Dakota, please be quiet. My head is killing me.”

Okay, now I was pissed. Sneering, I gripped the white sheets and pulled them against my body; my naked body! “Elijah, you intolerable excuse of a man!” I yelled and for good measure, slammed my fist into his bicep. “Wake the hell up!”

“What?” He screamed back. Opening his eyes, he gave me a lethal glare. He was upset with me? We’re naked in bed together! Did he not notice this?

He moans, rubbing his temples. His thick hair was tousled and I could only imagine as to why. “Blondie, I think it’s obvious why we’re naked.”