7| Warren Worthington III - Private Lesson

"The reader has wings but she can't fly yet so Warren teaches her how to. Can you make it fluffy and cute please."

---

The wind was stronger than you had expected it to be. Your feet were barely able to keep you standing on the low wall. Taking a deep breath, you looked down: students were walking in the garden and they looked so tiny it was ridiculous. The ground seemed unbelievably far away too. It was a stupid idea. You had already hurt yourself a few minutes ago by falling down a tree so falling from the roof was obviously going to be worst. Not that you would fall. No, you would fly. Or at least you hoped.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" A voice asked behind you.

You jumped in fear and Warren caught your wrist to prevent you from falling. He was folding his white feathery wings behind his back and you suspected him to have flown up there. You tried not to be too jealous but his wings were beautiful and he was able to do what you had never been able to.

Fly.

It looked so easy when you watched him do it. You could not understand why you could not. You glanced behind you and stared at your useless and pathetic wings before answering:

"I've seen this documentary where baby birds learn how to fly by jumping out of their nest and I figured I might give it a shot." You confessed, realizing as you said it out loud that it sounded really stupid.

"So, you were planning on jumping off the roof?" Warren asked you incredulous, his grip tightening on your wrist as he realized how dangerous this idea was.

You shrugged, avoiding his deep blue eyes. You could not believe you had embarrassed yourself in front of him. You had a major crush on him for a long time now and you were just starting to become good friends.

"(Y/N), listen, you should get down." He said calmly as he let go of your wrist to take your hand in his. "I don't think your wings could handle a fall like that."

He took out his other hand to help you get down the low wall you had climbed on and you took it in yours. He was right; your wings were too fragile. They looked like dragonfly wings. Thin and translucent. And completely useless.

When your feet touched the floor again, Warren let go of your hands. You felt a wave of sadness taking over your body, both at his gesture and at the fact that you were desperately incapable of flying. Your feeling must have shown on your face because Warren smiled at you before saying:

"Do you want me to help you? I think I'll be able to find a less dangerous way to train."

You nodded, not quite believing he was willing to help you.

Warren did not believe it either: he always knew how to fly; it had been instinctive. How was he supposed to help you? Still, he could not bear seeing you so sad, he had to do something.

"Follow me." He finally said, having an idea.

You followed him through the school and through a good portion of the park before reaching an orchard. Apples trees were lining in front of you. You frowned.

"Jumping off a tree doesn't work. That's where I got those." You told him, showing him the bruises you had on your arms.

"You jumped off a tree?" He inquired, clearly amused.

You rubbed the back of your neck, slightly embarrassed. "I had to try."

Warren smiled; he had never met someone like you before. You were kind, and innocent in a way, and he loved that.

"Anyway." He gestured toward the branches full of apples above you before saying: "Pick one."

You looked at the apples in the trees. It was too high for you to reach them. Sure you could fly up there if you could but wasn't it the exact reason you were here with him? You gave him a puzzled look and he frowned, searching for his words.

"Don't think about flying. Just focus on picking an apple. Your wings, it's a part of yourself; you don't have to think about it to use it. Do you think about how you move your legs when you want to walk? No. That's the same here. Think about where you want to go and your wings will get you there without you even realizing."

You nodded. It made sense. Looking up at the apples, you tried to think about yourself picking one. Just you, up there. And in a matter of seconds you were above the ground. Flying. Your wings beating behind you. You laughed. You could not believe it was so simple. In a matter of seconds, you were reaching a branch full of red apples and picked one in your hand. Looking down, you met Warren's eyes, he was smiling at you. And that's when you fell.

You groaned as your body met the ground in a huge and hard fall. Your hands were red and sore where they had stopped your fall and your arms were now even more covered in bruises than before. Sitting on the floor of leaves, you moved the twigs out of your clothes and looked at the apple in front of you. You grabbed it and got up hurriedly, almost bumping into Warren.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"I did it." You almost shouted, showing him the apple. "Thank you so much."

Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pulled him into a hug. Warren hesitated before putting one of his hands on your waist and the other on your back.

"I can't say I knew what I was doing." He admitted in your ear, smiling.

You chuckled, facing him.

"So, you were not sure it was going to work?" You asked him, grinning, so happy you did not even realize your faces were inches from each other.

He shrugged before raising his hand to your hair and removing a twig out of it, his other hand still pressed on your back. Dropping the twig on the floor, he met your eyes. Neither one of you talked. Your heart started racing in your chest.

"Warren!" You heard someone yell. Peter appeared in front of you in a blur before adding: "I've been looking for you everywhere, you're late for training!"

"Give me a minute." Warren asked him, keeping you close to him.

You were a little uncomfortable by the situation. Peter smirked before taking the apple out of your hand.

"Make it quick."

He bit into the apple and left as fast as he had arrived.

Warren focused back on you, his right hand sliding under your chin and lifting your face toward him before pressing a soft kiss on your lips. When he felt your lips respond to his, his kiss became more passionate. You gripped his leather jacket in your hands trying to hold on to something as you felt the trunk of a tree meeting your back.

"WARREN!"

Warren and you instinctively broke apart from each other's grasp. Peter was shouting to Warren to follow him, saying something about Mystique killing them both, but you were too focused on Warren to really listen. He was leaning over you and whispered in your ear:

"We'll finish this after."

He left to follow Peter who seemed to want to congratulate and lecturehim at the same time and you were left to wonder if Warren was talking aboutyour training or the kiss and hoping for the latter.