Chapter 23: A Glimpse Into The Past and A Hopeful Future

Dante's P.O.V.

"Is there anywhere in the house big enough for everyone to gather around and be comfortable?" I asked Teague once he brought Carla and Louis to my office.

While he searched for them I thought it would be better if everyone important to Ari be a part of coming up with a plan to save her. She deserved to have a lot more than just me and a few people thinking this through.

Along with Carla and Louis, I ordered Cooper, Bobby, Ari's mother, Jerry, Hannah, Scott, Kevin, Teague, and unfortunately Logan to join us.

"The old living room in the back should fit. It hasn't been used in a while but it would be accommodating enough," Teresa answered for him.

I wasn't used to calling her mom yet. But every time I called her Teresa she scolded me saying we were family now. It was hard to tell if she was actually angry or just joking around with me. It wasn't hard to tell where Ari got her fiery personality.

"So what stupid idea have you come up with now?" Logan asked disrespectfully again. This guy was just asking for punishment with his big mouth. My hands were itching to wrap around his neck and strangle him.

We walked into a dark room that looked like it hadn't been dusted in days. Teresa wasn't kidding when she said it hadn't been used in a while.

"Easy tiger," Scott muttered under his breath, "Just talk to him and really hear him out. There's a lot you don't really know about him and Ari."

The words made me think there was something going on between Ari and Logan. His tone made me think otherwise. Was there something she hadn't told me about that Logan knew? Was that why he was so hostile towards me?

"Logan, just shut up," Hannah hissed before swatting him in the head.

The group laughed and the two began to bicker back and forth about the proper way to address me, their best friend's mate in her absence. The sight was actually rather comical. If the circumstances weren't rather dire, with Ari missing, I would have enjoyed it.

I close my eyes for just a moment.

I could see myself sitting back on the couch with my arm wrapped around my mate's shoulder while she curled into my side. She would sip on a steaming mug of coffee that we shared since she never finished a full cup by herself.

She loved putting whipped cream on the top. She was always getting foam all over her top lip that I never resisted the chance to lick off. She squealed every time my tongue swirled over her lip then darted inside her mouth.

Her moist, red lips curled into the seductive smile that showed just enough of her perfect white teeth. It made my mouth salivate. Her eyes sparkled with mischief when she saw Hannah hit Logan. She threw her head back. Her golden hair hit my shoulder as her melodic voice captivated my senses.

"Dante?"

Someone snapped their fingers in front of my face. It effectively pulled me out of my daydream. Damn. That's all it was; just another daydream. But it fueled the fire to get her back.

I shook my head and pulled my head out of the clouds. I looked around at the crowd of pack members that were all staring at me with worried looks on their faces. Well everyone except Logan. He looked a little too smug at the fact that I wasn't even paying attention to my own pack meeting. I could only imagine what it looked like to them while I fantasized my perfect life with Ari.

"I am very sorry," I sheepishly apologized to everyone.

"It's okay," Carla responded with a glazed over look herself, "I understand completely what it's like to have your mate be in the clutches of the hunters and want to have them back with you."