Chapter 6

Sirius's POV (I really like Sirius)

"So do I die or something?"

Teddy pales, as does every other future kid in the room, which I do not take as a very good sign. My mind starts racing, but I tell myself to calm down, because nobody has confirmed anything yet.

However, as seconds leisurely tick by like hours, nobody denies anything either.

"Oh God", I whisper, feeling like my soul was being physically crushed. Again. The Dementor's kiss would be better than this clawing, blinding pain. "Not you too, Moony. I swear to God I won't outlive the both of you. I won't do it."

Molly was crying in the corner, huddled against Arthur, and Harry looked devastated, tears forming in his eyes, shaking his head and protesting adamantly. Moony was shaking slightly, but he didn't seem thoroughly shocked.

"How did you know?" Teddy whispered, voice cracking, as tears dripped down his face.

"You don't know me. I can see it on your face, every time you look at me. Tonks either." He spoke a little louder for everyone to hear, small tremors in his voice.

"You're right, I don't. The both of you died fighting in the battle of Hogwarts two weeks after I was born." He confirmed softly, crying. The blonde Weasley who'd been introduced as his fiancee appeared beside him, squeezing his hand to console him, but I barely noticed.

"Padfoot" He whispered, looking to me. His grief was clear across his face, but it looked like he was trying to pull himself together. "Take care of my kid for me?"
I was shaking, numb to what was going on, but I nodded painfully and pulled him into a long hug, the both of us holding each other up, too afraid to let go.

"He can't. Remus deemed Harry as godfather, and he raised me and took care of me. Sirius will die in the fight at the ministry, at the end of the year." James explained, tears running down his face as he saw the pure pain and grief on his father's face.

My breath hitched, and my grief only escalated as that statement made its way into my head. No no no no no, I thought, that's not fair, this isn't fair. I've waited ten years to meet my godson, we were going to get a better place together. This isn't fair.

"No!" Harry sobbed. I grabbed him and crushed him in my embrace, holding him close as well as keeping him from flying at Teddy.

"Harry, Harry stop! It's alright boy, it was due to happen sooner or later." He stopped fighting and stood there, still shaking. I released him.

"I'm so sorry," Teddy cried. "You all died fighting for a better future, and it doesn't seem fair that we reap all the benefits, I know and i'm sorry."

Harry tried to start breathing regularly again, and tried to speak up.

"So i'm your godfather? And i raised you after Remus and Tonks died?

Teddy nodded. "You were like a father to me. You ARE like a father to me. You adopted me, when no one ever said you had to, took me places and then told me about my parents when I was old enough. You told me every story you had about them, and showed me all your memories. I can never thank you enough."

Harry nodded and managed a small smile at him, and hugged Moony when he launched himself at Harry. Tonks was next, softly crying on his shoulder and she whispered her thanks to him.

Everyone was still miserable, tears on their faces. Dumbledore rested his hand on Mcgonnagal's shoulder, and she looked up at him sadly, and exchanged looks as if to say to him "Why must everyone be taken from him?"
Dumbledore only shook his head, sorrow resting heavily on his weakened shoulders.