2. Should've done it this time

Cody's POV

"Not another word out of you." The guard growls at Devin.

Devin widens his eyes and points at himself. "Me?" He questions in mock surprise. "What? Never."

"Not another word!"

Devin crosses his arms over his chest and pouts like a child. Jason's having the hardest time keeping his laughter contained. I smile slightly and shake my head. Chase just rolls his eyes and gives Devin a look of annoyance.

It's silent for a long period of time, until...

"Popsicles."

"That is it!" The guard yells and starts towards Devin's cell, pulling the baton off his belt. He doesn't get more than two steps before the door to the room's thrown open loudly.

Garrett walks in looking down at his phone as his fingers type on the screen. The guard stops and turns towards Garrett. Garrett holds up his hand to the guard as if telling him to wait for just a moment as he puts the phone to his ear.

"I was expecting you to call me, not the other way around."  He says into the phone. "I'm going to assume that you've actually come through this time...Oh I don't." He removes the phone from his ear and places it in his back pocket.

"Good news guys." He says looking over all of us. His eyes lingering on me with a hidden anger in them. "Your bail's been posted."

We all share a look with each other, Chase shrugs and both Jason and Devin give me a confused look probably mirroring my own.

Several more guards enter, two walking into each of our cells, one holding a gun and the other a pair of handcuffs. Our hands are cuffed in front of us and we are escorted out of the room at gunpoint, two guys on either side of us and Garrett leading the way.

We're lead through a series of hallways and rooms before finally coming up to a large bolted in metal door. Garrett types in a series of passcodes before pushing open the door with some effort. Sunlight floods through the opening and we're all momentarily blinded and shoved forwards through the door.

It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust and a notice Devin staring straight ahead, his whole body tense. I look off to where he's staring. I let out a gasp of shock, causing both Jason and Chase to look in the same direction.

There's probably a good 20 armed men and women standing in front of us, assault rifles all aimed at Garrett and his men. Each person is decked out in bulletproof vests, helmets, padding, and several other weapons.

Seven cars are parked in a line behind them, along with one large black SUV. But that's not what captures all of our attention.

Thirteen leans back casually on the hood of one of the cars, completely calm and in the middle of it all. Same black pants, boots, and a tank top. Her dagger strapped to her leg, nestled in a sheath I didn't even know she had.

Her arms are crossed over her chest, one of her legs propped up the car behind her and the same blank, cold look on her face. Her eyes have yet to even look in our direction, instead she hasn't taken her eyes off Garrett.

He smiles smugly at her and she doesn't even blink. He stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"You bring what I asked for?" He questions her. She still doesn't remove her eyes from him as she reaches down to the backpack on the floor next to her.

She pulls out a black case from inside and holds it up so he can see it before putting it back in the backpack and removing a large manila envelope repeating the same steps. She then zips up the backpack and tosses it to him, he catches it effortlessly.