~8 ⟁ escaping

You let out a soft grumble as you ran through the long tunnel that lead out of the cell, and into what looked like a sewer. Everywhere you looked you saw stone walls falling apart from decay, and even the floor was wet. But you didn't pay any attention to that, no, you were more enchanted by the glowing blue-ash green ball of light.

"What is that?" You wonder out loud, watching the light ball dance around in a corner.

The imp leans over from Link's back when the wolf stops next to you. "Would you look at that? Hey you two want to see something interesting?"

You and Link both share skeptical looks, but listen anyway to whatever she has to say.

"Use your senses and sniff around a little; you guys are beasts now so you should be able to see it!" The imp urges, giving a gentle kick of 'encouragement' to Link's side.

You roll your eyes and look over to Link once more, his own blue eyes glare at the imp; you could tell he still wasn't pleased with the idea of her riding him. 

Turning back to the floating ball-thing, you closed your eyes and concentrated. You weren't sure how to "use your senses" but you tried focusing on everything around you.

Your eyes snapped open when you thought you had it, and you let out a gasp. Instead of the floating ball, there was now a soldier hunched over and leaning on his spear. He was the same colour as the ball, or you now guessed, spirit.

You heard a quiet gasp come from Link. He must see it as well. Slowly you walk closer to the man, stopping in front of him while Link circles to his other side. The man didn't seem to see either of you, like you were invisible to him.

"Huff.....huff..... Did, did I lose them?...I... I can't run...any more...I think... I'll be safe.. What was that noise? Don't, don't anything come near me!" The soldier panted, looking around in fear. 

You look around as well to see what he may have been talking about. Nothing but the twisting tunnels of the sewer could be seen. Deactivating your senses--the world seeming a lot bright and the soldier back to a glowing ball as you did so--you turn around to head farther into the sewers in hop of finding a way out, Link flanking your side.

Not too long after did the imp speak up, confirming your thoughts on the soldier being a spirit, along with a side comment on how there are more spirits around. That was nice to know, but what got you thinking was how come they were spirits. Did that portal not only change your form, but bring you to another world? Or is it just that you and Link were the 'lucky' ones and changed into wolves while, somehow, everyone else turned into spirits?

Arg, this was confusing! Suddenly you saw something move out of the corner of your eye, making you turn around quickly. Nothing but the sewer.

    "Link, did you see anything? I thought I saw..." you trail off, squinting your eyes in the direction of where you thought you saw something, ears twitching at any sound given.

    "You mean that black and red... creature?" He asks, now looking around as well, making the imp cry out every time he turned too quickly. "I think it's best if we avoid whatever it is for now."

    "Yeah." you agree, fear slowly creeping up inside of you.

Once again you began your trek through the sewers, catching quick glimpse of the creatures every now and than, along with finding more spirits. But just what were those black creatures? Were they in league with the large monsters who dragged you here? All these questions and more started to pop up, you only hoped that the imp traveling with you would answer them soon.

As you explored the tunnels looking for a way out, one of those little creatures decided to 'visit' you and see what was going on. Try to get to know you better. Meaning it attacked you.

You let out a pained growl, or maybe it was a whimper, when the monster's claws stabbed into your flesh. It hurt, almost like a bee sting but 10x worse. Link let out a fierce bark at the sound of your pain, whipping around to see the sight of it clinging onto your body. Strongly, he wanted to kill the thing right there and then, however he couldn't risk attacking you instead, with how your body was spinning around so much.

Finally you manage to sink your teeth into it, yanking it free from your body and throwing it against the stone wall. With a thud the creature dropped dead, exploding into a cloud of black dust. After that little set back, and checking on your wound which surprisingly was very minimal, you continued on your journey.

In a matter of minutes you found an old spiralling set of stairs, most of the stones parts broken off and laying on the ground below. Slowly you began to climb the stairs, Link defeating one last monster that was on the ground level, but you halted your movement when you came across a gap in the stairway.

"Great..." You mumbled, huffing out in aggravation. Just when it looked like you found your way out... Although it seemed like Link didn't notice as he climbed up the stairs, not even paying attention to what he was doing, and ran into you, tipping off your balance and making you fall off the stairs.

"What the heck, Link!" You barked up to him, standing up from landing on the ground on your side. Above you could hear the imp harshly laugh at your misfortune, only fuelling your anger.

    With a grumble you climbed back up the stairs, stopping next to Link whom was looking a little worried, but even you could tell he was amused.

    "Are you okay?" He asked. "I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry." Link sounded generally sorry too, the amusement disappearing from his eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine," you sighed, knowing you couldn't stay mad at him for long.

"Judging from little pup over here taking a fall," the imp muses once her laughter dies down, "I'm guessing I'm gonna have to do EVERYTHING for you guys, seeing as you can't handle something as simple as jumping."

In your defence you didn't exactly jump, but the imp looked like she didn't care about that. Flying up into the air, the imp stood on the next part of the stairs, waving her...hand..or would hair be more appropriate? Hand-hair? Oh whatever, it's not important right now.

"Jump over to me and I'll catch you and place you over here!" The imp once again waved her hair in a 'come over' gesture.

    Link seemed a little doubtful, glancing down to where you had fell before looking up at the beckoning creature. However, his skepticism was understandable, so you decided to go first in hopes of setting a good example.

"I'll go first," you tell Link, giving his furry shoulder a nudge with your own.

He seems a little hesitant, but nods his head, backing up to the wall so you could have some running space. Taking a few steps back, you race forward as fast as you could, and leap over the gap.

True to her word, the imp catches you and gently placed you on the ground next to her. She then turns back to Link with a hand on her hip.

    "Come now, do it just like your friend here," the imp calls out to Link. "Or is our whittle mutt too scared?"

    You watch as Link growls at the imp, something the both of you seem to do a lot of now, and takes a few steps like back just like you had. With quick movement of his legs, Link runs across the ledge and leaps towards you. Just like she had done for you, the imp catches his body and places it down beside you before planting herself back upon Link's back.

    The trek up the stairs went on without any farther accidents and you managed to reach the top of the stairs. You all managed to exit the place you were in with the imp helping you up to a window that you had spotted.

    Leading everyone outside, you looked around as you stepped out onto the wet, rain slicked roof. The world was cast in a sickly yellow colour, with what looked like black specks falling from the sky. It seemed like you were on top of a castle.

    After a moment a silence you finally spoke, gaining both the imp's and Link's attention.

   "Where in the name of Farore are we?"