Chapter 1: The Makeover*

Max's POV: 6 years ago...

I sat there emotionless. Why did it have to happen to me? My dad was my best friend and now he is dead. Uncle Tom walked into my room and held my hand.

"Maybe its time for you to continue your father's legacy," Uncle Tom said and I thought of two words. Street fighting.

Present...

My adrenaline was on max and I felt my heart ponding inside me as I gripped the handles of my motorcycle. The crowd was cheering loudly, but I blocked any outside distraction, right now, it was between that finish line and me. The racer next to me was dangerously close and I cranked the engine on max, shooting myself way in front of him. The finish line came closer until I snapped the ribbon in half with my speed.

"And there you have it! Stone Fox wins its again! The title of fastest racer in New York," the announcer boomed through the speakers. I came to a stop and pumped my arm into the air as the crowd roared my name. Nothing was better than the feeling of pure victory.

"Now I have to say that even though what you did was life threatening, good job," Alex said to me after the race.

"Well street racing is dangerous," I said and Alex gave a 'duh' sign.

"Thank you Max, for stating the obvious!" she said and I laughed. I am Maxine Evans, 21 years old, skipped freshman year and graduated with a degree in business and fitness. I sound like the total nerd, but I am really Stone Fox, undefeated fighter and racer. Honestly, I don't want to sound cocky or arrogant, but I haven't lost before. Since I have been gone for four years, I have lost my title, but I am ready to return and get it back. When my dad died, I was heartbroken, so my uncle Tom started training me. I wear a black hoodie and a black mask when I am fighting so no one can identify me. It is for my safety and Alex's safety too. Alexandra Matthews is my best friend who has supported me and stuck by me through thick and thin.

"Anyways, lets go home. I am taking my motorcycle, so feel free to drive my sports car," I said and Alex rolled her eyes. Yes, I own a white amazing motorcycle and a white convertible Lamborghini. It is a two-door, but it has four seats. I turned on the engine and rode over to my house. I drove onto the driveway and into the garage where I parked. I took off my helmet and placed it onto the holder.

"Max!" Macy squealed as she opened the garage door. She ran and jumped into my arms.

"Hey Macy," I said and carried her inside the house. Alex arrived shortly and followed me. Only Alex, Uncle Tom, and Alex's dad Rick know about my racing and fighting career. Rick only knows because he once saw me change into my disguise after I worked at the café. I work extra for my mom because she needs some help. I usually get a lot of money from racing and fighting, but I also work at the café so I have a place to tell her where I got the money.

"Hey Max, where did you and Alex go?" Mom asked. Wendy Evans is my mom. She works as a nurse and is really hardworking. She works day and night shifts and always come home exhausted. That is why I wanted to help her out.

"We just took a ride around the city and hung out at the café," I said while pouring myself a cup of water.

"That's right Wendy," Alex said as she stepped into the kitchen.

"So when are you going to start training for the job at the gym?" Mom asked. Uncle Tom owns a gym and he is thinking of handing it down to me, which is why I majored in business.

"Soon, but he wants me to take a year off, since I just graduated," I said, "Same with Alex." Mom nodded and continued to wipe the counter.

"Max! I met a boy at my school named Jayden and we are now best friends! Mommy is letting me come over to his house in two days!" Macy said and I raised my eyebrow at Mom and she chuckled.