11. Welcome home Olivia

Tahny

I scrolled through the list of things this apartments was offering and it all sounds perfect. It's by a good school, in a nice neighborhood. Everything that sounds amazing for Javi. But to bad it's-

"Tahny baby where you at? I'm about to leave."

"Hold on." I closed out the browser and locked my phone. I got up from the toilet and flushed it letting him think I was using it. I tucked my phone in my back pocket and wet my hands in the sink so it looks like I washed my hands.

"Hurry up baby. I gotta go." I rushed out the bathroom and to the living room where Max was waiting there with the baby in his arms. "You gotta go to your mommy." Max passed him to me and he instantly started cry. "I gotta go." Max said sadly rubbing the top of his head. "When do you think you'll be back?" I asked wiping Javi's face with the sleeve of my shirt. "I don't know. I hope the next time is soon." He was saying that but in my heart I know it'll be a week or more before we speak to him let alone see him again.

I looked at the time on the cable box to see it's almost 6:30.

"I should get going before she blows up my phone." I walked him out the back door since that's where he parks so no one can see his car on the street. "I love you." He said before kissing me. "I love you more." He kissed Javi on the forehead and looked at us one more time before leaving out the door. I waited for him to get in his car safely before closing the door. "You wanna eat?" I asked Javier as I put him down so he could walk. He had his little lip poked out with tears wetting his eyes.

"I know I don't want him to go either." I swallowed the knot in my throat and took a deep breath to keep from crying. There's only so much leaving he can do before one day it'll be his last time walking out that door. I pulled my phone out and texted Amelia so we could meet up and talk.

Max

"Hi baby." Olivia came running to me with her suitcases, I took her into my arms as she squealed in excitement. "I missed you Maxxy." She kissed me and I kissed her back feeling nothing. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes Olivia. I did." I took her suitcases and walked out the airport and to my car that I parked out front. "You don't seem so happy to see me." Here she goes. "I am. I'm just tired that's all." Truth is I did kind of, sort of, missed Olivia. I spend most of my time with her when I'm not at work or trying to sneak and see Tahny. I missed her like how you miss friends at school over the summer. You know what I mean? Like you really weren't thinking about them all summer but when you see them when school starts you're kinda happy to see them. Basically what I'm trying to say is I'd be okay if I had a couple more days of summer if that makes since. Anyway, that's how I feel about Olivia.

"Oh okay." I put all her stuff in the trunk before opening the passenger side door for her. "Thank you baby." She said as she got in. I got in on my side and started the car up.

It was silent half way home until she cleared her throat. "So while I was on my trip I did some thinking."

"Oh yeah, what about?"

"I was thinking about the wedding date and where I wanted to go for our honeymoon. Everything is done for the most part, we have invitations sent out, everyone has RSVP'd, the venue is going to be set up as soon as possible. You and all the groomsmen have everything, my bridesmaids are ready, all we need are those two things finalized and the cake. But we'll get the cake out the way after the tasting tomorrow."

"Okay where do you want to go?" I don't really wanna talk about this now. Just thinking about finishing this wedding is tiring, because with Olivia nothing is every finished till it's perfect.

"I'm thinking Laucala Island in Fiji and I want to leave that same night after the wedding." Going straight to the airport after the wedding? I can just feel how wore out I'm about to be. "Okay I've heard good things about. I'm down with that."

"Okay that checks that off the list. Let me text my dad and tell him." She began typing on her phone.

"So what's the date?"

"I'm thinking July 15th." When I tell you I had to take my feet away from the pedals so I wouldn't slam on my breaks.

"That's kinda-".

"I know that's like a little less than a month away but everything can be done in time."

No bitch, I was about to spill the beans and tell you my son's first birthday is on the 17th and I wouldn't feel comfortable missing it.

"Max don't be mad. But I'm ready to get married. We've been engaged for two long years now. We were supposed to get married at 18 and look we're almost on our way to 21 and we're still not married." I just want to eject myself out this car. "I know Olivia. You don't have to remind me." I counted to fifty in my head so I couldn't pop off.

"Besides I kind of already told your dad before I got on my flight that's the date I want. And he's on board with it and he told me he was gonna to tell the wedding planner tonight." I wasn't raised to put my hands on a woman but she's about to make me toss her out this moving car.

She told my dad already? Why the fuck would she do that? We were supposed to pick a date. Why would she pick a date with my him? She's not marrying him."

"Max say something."

"There's nothing to say. What's been picked has been picked. We're getting married in three weeks Olivia. What do you want me up say?" I pulled up to the house and sat there for a second. "I'm getting married in three weeks, I can't believe it. You've done everything for this wedding. You picked the colors, I don't even like the whole baby blue and silver theme. You like that shit. That shit is played out. You picked where the wedding is at, you picked everything down to my haircut and my socks. You couldn't even let me pick the fuckin date." I took the keys out the ignition and got out the car.

---------------------