Chapter 21

"That's-- that's impossible. How could he loose his memory? W-what ? H-how?" Taehyung's legs suddenly gave out and he collapsed onto the pavement, tears streaming down his face.

"When they came back, I rushed outside to greet him, but he frowned and retreated as if I was an unwelcomed stranger. It was then that his mother began to introduce me to him as his new neighbor," Jin explained, squatting beside his friend. "I realized something was wrong and went along with it until his mother told him to go inside and she'll talk to me."

"He didn't recognize you?" Taehyung questioned and the older male shook his head in disappointment.

"Mrs. Jeon explained that when they were back in Busan, Jungkook wanted to ride his bike to the beach. She said he wanted to send you a picture letting you know they were on their way back to Seoul, but he must have been distracted and didn't see the oncoming car."

Jin sighed as he continued. "Jungkook was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He hit his really hard and when he woke, his parents cheered that he was okay. It wasn't until they mentioned Seoul that they realized something was wrong. Jungkook has no memory of moving. He doesn't remember being in Seoul, he doesn't remember Sea World, and he doesn't remember a Kim Taehyung."

"So the moving trucks," Taehyung examined. "Are they moving back?"

"No," Jin smiled softly. "That's at least one good thing out of this. They're trying to recreate the move. The doctor said it could be painful if they try to force the memories back in, so they're pretending as if they're just moving into their new house."

"Mom! I'm going to grab something from the car!" The two boys heads shot in the direction of the familiar voice running, spying a boy running through the door. "Oh-"

Taehyung's eyes widened as the blonde haired male paused on the patio. Jungkook, you dyed your hair.

"Ah, you're my neighbor, right?" Jungkook smiled as he slowly approached the boys. "Mom explained it to me once I was inside. Sorry for acting so strange earlier."

"It's okay. Yes, hello. I'm Seokjin." The eldest greeted. "And this Taehyung, your b-- err...."

"My?" Jungkook rose an eyebrow.

"Nothing." Taehyung cut in, forcing a smile. "I have to go."

"Oh? Already?" Jungkook frowned, kicking the grass beneath his feet. "I thought we could get to know each other more. I don't have any friends yet, seeing how I just moved and all, but it would be great to hang out sometime?"

Jin could sense the strange aura radiating off of his friend and quickly interfered. "Hey Jungkook. Maybe you'd like to join me tomorrow? I'm heading to Sea World for the day off. Well, I actually work there. So does Taehyung here. It would be great to show you around."

"Sounds fun! I'm looking forward to it."

Taehyung silently watched as Jungkook made his way to their family's vehicle, pulling out a box with an unusual object sticking out. "I-Is that an inflatable shark?"

"Huh? Oh, this?" Jungkook laughed at the giant deflated shark floaty dangling out  of the cardboard box due to it's enormous size. "Strange right? I don't remember owning this before but somehow it feels special. I'll probably inflate it later, but I have no use for it at the moment."

Christmas morning....

Taehyung stretched as he grabbed his present he had brought in. "This is for you."

"But you already got me a gift yesterday," Jungkook frowned. "You didn't have to get me another one."

"Oh, but I did." Taehyung grinned, urging him to open the present. Jungkook hesistantly opened it, pulling out the deflated object.

"Is this—" He observed. "Yah! This is an inflatable shark floaty!"

"Because you're shark bait!" Taehyung snorted.

"Aish! You're really on the naughty list now!"

"Okay, let's make it special then. Hm?" Taehyung suggested, grabbing the shark floaty.

"How are we going to do that?"

"We'll fill it with air first, and then with a sharpie, we will write our perspective on the first day we met," he smiled proudly. "And maybe side notes to remind ourselves how much we love each other."

"Okay! Then we're going to breakfast! I'm hungry!" Jungkook jumped up to get the pens.

"Hey, Taehyung, are you okay?" Jin hooked his arms with the younger and smiled softly at Jungkook who furrowed his eyebrows worriedly.

"He's okay. He has a lot of things on his mind at the moment. We'll see you tomorrow, yeah Jungkookie?" Jin grinned as he pulled Taehyung along with him to his own house.

"Okay, bye hyung!" Jungkook waved as he walked back inside.

"Why'd you do that hyung?" Taehyung mumbled. "Why'd you say we'd meet tomorrow?"

"What? Now that your boyfriend lost his memories you don't want to be with him?" Jin growled.

"That's not it."

"Then explain it to me."

"I can't be just friends with him hyung! I love him! I love Jungkook so fucking much and he has no memories of me." Taehyung screamed. "Do you understand what that's like? Seeing the love of your life right in front of your eyes and not being able to hug him, kiss him, touch him."

"Give it time Taehyung."

"Hyung, do you think it's possible? For him to regain his memories? Do you think it can happen?"

Jin sighed. "Tae--"

"It happens in the movies. Hell! Our relationship is like a fucking movie. It could happen right? He can remember me right?"

"I can't guarantee that Taehyung." Jin answered honestly. "But there's something we can do."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" Taehyung groaned.

"We can re-create it." Taehyung shot his attention towards the elders direction who gave him a knowing grin. "Lets re-create the day you two first met."