Love in Unexpected Places (Sandor Clegane x fem!Stark reader)

Why in all of Westeros did you have to fall for him? That wasn't your father's intention when he chose to bring you to King's Landing with him and you younger sisters. Your father had intended to find a young lord or another highborn man to marry you off to, not him. Not Sandor Clegane. The rough around the edges killer had caught your attention in a big way and you had caught his.

All the journey to King's Landing, you rode with Sandor and had gotten close to him. Before you realized it, you had fallen in love with him and he with you, although he'd never admit it out loud to anyone but you. You never said anything to anyone either, knowing your father wouldn't have approved when he was alive. So, your feelings for each other had to be kept secret, even after your father's death. Meetings in empty corridors or in each other's chambers late at night made up your relationship, but you didn't mind. All that mattered was that the two of you were together.

You felt two arms wrap around you and you giggled softly. You turned and looked up at Sandor. With everyone else, he was the gruff and brutal man but with you, he was nothing more than a giant teddy bear. He was always so careful not to hurt you. You stood up on tip-toe and pressed a kiss to his waiting lips. He tried to deepen it, but you backed away. "Perhaps we should take this to my chambers?" you whispered, earning an almost animalistic growl from the man.

"My, my. The lady and the tramp," a soft voice caused you to pull back from Sandor with wide eyes. You both turned your heads, coming face to face with none other than Lord Petyr Baelish. "I highly doubt, Lady Y/N, the king would approve of this little secret. His loyal guard in a secret affair with a traitor's daughter." Without another word, Lord Baelish turned on his heel and left. Even though he hadn't said it, you recognized the threat.

You looked back at Sandor. "What do we do?" you whispered. His arms tightened around you. "He wants somethin'. I don't want ta know what," he answered. He let his eyes drift down to your face. He could see the fear and worry etched in your expression. Sandor knew that if Littlefinger wanted something, he would do anything to get it, even hurting you and that was something Sandor wasn't going to stand for. He had to do something and quickly.

"We need ta go," he rasped, catching you off guard. "Go? Go where?" Sandor didn't say anything. He simply took your hand and pulled you toward your chambers. If anyone passing asked, he told them he was taking you to your chambers and locking you in on Joffrey's orders. Once inside your chambers, Sandor grabbed a bag and began shoveling essentials into it. "We're leavin'. We can't stay here. 'Snot safe." You nodded and moved his hands. "I will do this. Come back after sunset," you told him, kissing him quickly.

Later that night, you found yourself on your horse, following after Sandor. "Where will we go?" you asked him. "Maybe we'll find that brother of yers," he replied. Your heart leapt to your throat at the thought of seeing Robb again. On one hand, you missed him, but on the other, you weren't certain he would approve of Sandor. All you could do was hope.

*time skip*

After riding several weeks, you finally found your brother's camp. "Y/N?" he asked, unsure of what he was seeing. "Robb!" you cried, dismounting your horse and running over to your younger brother. You threw your arms around him and tried to fight back your tears. When you pulled away, there was a frown on Robb's face. "Why is the Hound with you?"

You looked back over your shoulder and smiled. "He helped me, Robb. May we talk in private?" Robb nodded and took you by the hand, leading you to his tent. You felt Sandor move behind you, his protective instincts kicking in, but you reassured him with a smile and followed after Robb. Inside the tent, your brother turned to you.

"Now, the Hound?" You sighed happily. "I love him, Robb." You went on to tell him exactly how it had happened and what had lead you to find Robb. Robb was quite as you spoke, his expression changing from neutral to angry to calm. "Robb, please. Do not send Sandor away. He is not Joffrey's guard anymore. He is the man I love and, if you send him away, I will follow." You put as much seriousness in your tone as possible.

To your surprise, your brother laughed. "I will not send him away. I, myself, have recently discovered that love can be unexpected." He told you about the arranged marriage he broke off to marry Talisa. You smiled brightly at him. "Then, we can stay?" Robb nodded. "Of course. I would not send my sister away. Now, I am certain there is a lady in the next tent that is dying to see you, but first you should go to the Hound."

You kissed his cheek and left the tent to find Sandor. He was right where you left him. You ran over to him and wrapped your arms around him. "Little dove, what's gotten inta ya?" he asked you. You shook your head and kissed him, not caring that anyone could see, until Robb came out and cleared his throat. "I really did not wish to see that," he said jokingly, "Y/N, go see our mother. She has missed you. I will get the H-Sandor a tent." You rushed off to see your mother, leaving your brother alone with Sandor.

"I do not trust you," Robb said. Sandor nodded and gave a little grunt to show he heard him. "But, I can see my sister's feelings for you and my only wish is for her to be happy and safe. You make her happy and I know you can protect her. However, if you are to remain here with me, I need to know your feelings for her. Do you feel the same or is she simply another conquest for you?" Sandor glared at the young wolf, giving Robb all the answer he needed. "Good. I guess love really does come from the most unexpected places."