six; one-shot // 1.5

4 a.m
Fluff

Yoongi and Jimin are in a relationship.

They’ve been together for a whole year now, there are used to the other. Actually, one can’t be without the other.

It is a magical mix, one that brings light and happiness to everyone around them, one full of colors and delightful conversations at 4 a.m., when Yoongi is too tired to sleep and Jimin runs his fingers softly through his hair, singing swiftly a lullaby in hopes the older one will fall asleep.
Yoongi is his favorite when he falls asleep on him, where he can see his vulnerable side and clings onto him as if he needed him, because most of the time Yoongi is strong and independent and don’t clings onto no one. It’s when he can tell Yoongi things he will never be able to tell him when he is awake, such as how much Yoongi change his way to see life and how grateful he was for making everything easier.

Because Jimin is not blind, but he is insecure as hell.

Before Yoongi entered his life he felt as if no one would ever love him because he simply wasn’t enough for anyone. He isn’t tall, he isn’t the smartest, he isn’t
the strongest, he isn’t the most charismatic, and he isn’t the prettiest at all. That’s all he thought he looked in the mirror every morning.

It was one of those nights, though, when Jimin thought Yoongi was asleep and he was talking to him, but mostly to himself.

“I love you. Like real love. Not those kinds of love I see on the subway and describe for you where the guy is all over the girl, whispering sweet nothings on her ear and promising forever. I love you enough to not promise you forever.”

Yoongi had woken up a little ago, but when he hear the sweet voice of his boyfriend whispering in the night sky he stayed still, making it seem as if he was still deep in his slumber. Later he would move a bit a kiss Jimin’s neck to announce him he had woken, but right now he wanted to listen to whatever the boy had to say. It felt wrong, though. Yoongi felt as if he was invading Jimin’s personal territory, that talk wasn’t supposed to be heard by him, but the curiosity won over, more when the young boy was being so sweet it made Yoongi’s heart melt.

“You know… I’m kinda scared” Jimin’s voice resonated again through the room, curiosity raising his head in Yoongi’s mind. “I’m… I’ve never been quite enough. If only you could see me and the rest of the world; I’m sure as hell you would leave me. I’m so short, I can’t even reach the second shelf on your kitchen and I need a chair. I used to have nice abs, it was the part of me I liked the most, but now they are gone… Damn you and your need for making me eat sweets. Also, I’m not that smart. I’m sure even Choo is more intelligent than I am; it’s so hard for me to study and have good grades in college, it always looks as if I’m hardly reaching while the rest is way ahead.” Yoongi wanted to flick the finger on his forehead, what was Jimin talking about? He couldn’t understand it, anything he was saying was making sense to him and was about to say something when he felt the irregular rise of Jimin’s chest and a shaky breath leave his lips before he spoke again, voice breaking a little and breaking Yoongi’s heart on the way; his Jimin was crying. “I know you think I’m beautiful, but that’s only because you have never truly see me. If you could… I’m ugly, Yoongi, I truly am. Yesterday I heard a group of people bickering about me; they thought I couldn’t listen, but I did. They were saying I had to end up dating a blind guy because that’s the only way for someone to like me. And maybe that’s true. They said you were such a handsome guy and that I don’t deserve to date someone so handsome. Maybe they are right. But I don’t want to leave you, Min Yoongi. I know I’m selfish and you deserve better, but you make me happy. The happiest.”

It was enough for Yoongi, who silently move from his place on Jimin’s lap, startling the young boy who hurried to wipe away the tears even though Yoongi couldn’t see him. He was about to ask when did he woke up, when Yoongi held a hand to his face, running it from his forehead to his chin before positioning it on his neck. With a swift movement he pressed their foreheads together, eyelids heavy on his eyes.

“Yah, what are you talking about” he whispered, voice still husky from sleep, and he had to clear his throat before speaking again “That guys were idiots, don’t listen to them, Park Jimin. Listen to me, because I’m older and so I’m wiser; and even if I was not you’re being silly right now so I’m still wiser” Yoongi chuckled a bit, making Jimin smile a little.

“You are smart. Grades do not determinate how smart you are. I know how much effort you put into studying even when is hard for you. You may not know a lot about maths or physic, but you know about literature and art; I’m still upset you didn’t choose a career that had to do with it, but I’m proud of you for following you dreams. You’ll succeed. And don’t compare yourself to Choo, he is smarter than most persons I know” both laughed, Choo carefully lifting his head from the spot beside the bed where he sleeps. “I find cute you’re short. I am too. Actually I was thinking about emptying the second shelf because I don’t reach it either, what do you think? Yeah, we’ll do it in the morning. And I didn’t even like your abs, it was hard when I put my head. I love your soft tummy and placing my hands on it when they are cold or my head when I’m sleepy. It’s cuter.”

Yoongi’s free hand crept until it was caressing Jimin’s tummy, slowly, making circles on a soothing way. He sighed.

“I’m in love with you, Park Jimin” he whispered in a serious tone, and breath got stuck in Jimin’s throat; it was the first time Yoongi said, and Jimin could see he truly felt it but it was so difficult for him to say it. “And being in love goes further than looks. Even if I wasn’t blind, I haven’t fallen with your face or your body, I’ve fallen for the way you take care of me and how you decided to start this journey with me even when you knew this one was going to be difficult, even when you knew you’d end up having to take care of me and being my eyes. That’s such a great responsibility, you know? And I never even thought that anyone in this world would take it. But you did, without me having to ask you to. You decided to stick with me, and I’m the one who’s grateful. I don’t care if you are beautiful to anyone, and you shouldn’t care either. You shouldn’t even care if I think you’re beautiful or not, hell. But… just so you know; to me, Park Jimin, you’re beautiful. You have a beautiful face and a beautiful soul. And if you can’t see that, then you’re the blind one.”

Jimin was crying, but now he cried from happiness. He knew anything he’d say would probably either upset Yoongi or not be enough to thank him, so he just closed the distance between their faces, lips capturing lips in a sweet, slow kiss full of unsaid things.
Yes, Jimin is grateful, because that was a blast for his own elf-esteem. But he knows Yoongi didn’t want his self-esteem to depend on him, so Jimin likes himself for him. He says to himself he is pretty, he tells himself he is smart and that he can do anything. And sometimes he asks Yoongi to say those things, not because he needs to hear it from anyone else, but because he likes the way Yoongi sighs before telling him he is beautiful, and how the word beautiful sound in his mouth.

But the thing he likes the most is stepping close to Yoongi after he had said and whispering in his ear “you are not beautiful, you’re art” before kissing him, leaving the blind man dumbfounded.

---

This fic is so cute oml