Stuck

Y/n P.O.V.                  

"Y/n! Help!" Toothless yelled, his voice only a faint whisper catching me by surprise.

I was up in a moment, rushing in the direction of his voice. I ran through the forest, heart pounding in rhythm to my feet. If Toothless was asking for my help, then something bad must've happened. Something really bad.

"Y/n!" I heard again. This time, I could pick up the desperation in his voice.

I pushed my legs to go faster, farther. The cheerfully green forest flashed by in a blur, the greens mixing in with the browns.

With everything going by in a blur, it was no wonder I tripped over a tree root. I rolled and sprang to my feet again I looked around frantically. I needed to help Toothless. He needed my help. I couldn't let anyone else close to me get hurt. Not again. Not ever.

"Y/n" He yelled, closer this time.

I surged to my left, pinpointing his exact location by his voice. He was only a little ways away.

I burst through the forest to where he was at. I stopped and blinked in surprise. I don't know what I had expected. An epic battle maybe? A human torturing Toothless? Toothless fighting a rabid bunny? But this here was not what I was expecting.

Toothless had his head stuck in a tree.

All that running for nothing.

I was going home.

"Y/n?" Toothless asked hopefully.

"No. It's Oden." I replied sarcastically.

"Oh, well, I'd love to show my respects, Oden, but my head is kinda sruck in the tree." Toothless said, his voice laced with respect and reverence.

It was all I could do to hold in a laugh. He thought I was seriously Oden.

And evil idea seeped in through my ears. Maybe I could keep up the act.

"Child of Lightning and Death, I'd love to help you, but I must know... How did you get stuck in the tree?" I said in my loudest, most booming voice.

"Oh, well, Oden, Sir, you see... I was chasing the dot... And I thought I could eat it, so when it landed in here, I assumed it was stuck and I could finally taste the dot..." Toothless said, his voice getting quieter and quieter near the end.

"And so, Son of Lightning and Death, did you indeed eat the dot?" I asked, hoping he had eaten the dot.

"No, Oden, Sir. The dot escaped from me. I don't know how, but it did." Toothless said, ashamed.

"Then why, Son of Lightning and Death, should I help you?" I asked, still in character.

My inner-self was already crying from laughter, but I managed ot somehow keep a strait voice.

"Well, you see... Oden, sir, I promised to meet a wonderful friend of mine. She is probably waiting for me, but I don't want her to worry." He said sincerely.

"Too late for that." I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?" Toothless asked.

"Oh, nothing, just that I would help you get out." I said, struggling to keep in character.

I opened my mouth nad shot a plasma blast aimed right above his head. The tree split with a crack, a resounding book spreading through the forest.

I moved 10 paces away from where I was as 'Oden' and Toothless turned to where 'Oden' was. His eyes landed on me.

"Y/n! You're here! Did you see Oden? Oden was here! Oden helped me out." Toothless rambled excitedly.