Chapter 6

Ok let's try something different this time.
<><><><><><><><>
Zac

He put a sock in my mouth. A fucking sock. The weird thing is, I wasn't shocked. It didn't seem weird at all. Maybe because it was him? He wasn't normal. Far from that actually.

He was like that. Weird. Uniquely weird. From the way he spoke to the way he walked. From the moment he jumped out of my way, when he wasn't even in my way, I knew he wasn't normal. My motorcycle was not even close to hitting him. He was just too panicked. I still felt guilty that he hurt himself. After all he did jump on hard ground because of me.

He laughed sheepishly after putting that sock in my mouth, and his green eyes lit up like a 5 year old's as if he did the joke of the century. It was a genuine lighthearted laugh. One you don't spot very often. A laugh that would make your worst days enjoyable just by the sound of it. I liked it.

I made sure his arm was okay. It was probably nothing serious because I noticed that he tends to overreact a little bit.

I steppe out of the changing room to let him finish trying on the wide assortment of clothes I chose for him. If they fit right, he'd be the best dressed in the whole damn town. He could pull off anything and everything.

From where I was standing, I could hear him rustling and grunting.

Suddenly he threw a shirt swiftly into my arms.

"Fits" he just said that one word, and went back to fighting with clothes. It went like that for at least half an hour. He'd take a clothing article from the pile, tries it, throws it at me, and say 'fits'  or 'nah'.

Usually I'd be annoyed with customers like him, but it was strangely fun to be in his company.

He made me forget about the burden I carry on my back. Well technically on my mind but the phrase still works.

It was just hard to fend for yourself at a young age. This job was all I had it paid me enough but just that. Enough. If I were to spend one dollar in the wrong way I'd be broke. But I had to deal with it. My friends call me stubborn for it, and by friends I mean Rue. But I was comfortable that way. If I managed without a mom I can surely manage now.

Evan

I was never going to put on clothing for at least a month. Yes I planned on staying naked. I tried on way too much stuff. Every time the pile shrinks, Zac would add to it. I didn't even know if the money I had would be enough to get me all those clothes. I would be so screwed if it's not enough. It not only means that I won't get enough clothing, but also that I tried them on for nothing.

The place was getting more and more crowded. I could see Rue at the women's section. She looked really bored and unhappy with whom she was helping. Not like Zac. He was strangely happy for an employee at a clothing store. Did he not know that he had to fold and sort everything that didn't fit?

I tried on the last shirt and stepped out of the small stuffy changing room that I hope I never have to get into ever again. In the time I was trying on the last shirt, Zac had folded almost half of the pile. It was neatly stacked on the counter. He was folding the rest of them.

He didn't turn around when I came out (lol). He was in a different world.
"Are we done?" Zac jumped a small jump when he heard my voice. He was lost in his thoughts so he didn't realize I was already out and waiting for him.

"Yeah. Just give me five minutes to finish folding these and I'll send them to checkout. You can wait over there by the counter."

"Oh Alright." I went for the already folded stack. "I'll take these with me to save time". I winced and dropped them back as soon as I lifted them. The pain in my shoulder resurfaced. I quickly glanced over Zac, and like I expected he had the hurt/guilty face on again.

"Don't worry about it. It doesn't even hurt that much" I mumbled. I didn't want him feeling guilty. It was partially my fault too.

"But still, I caused it"

"No. Well yes. But no. It was also my fault so we're both to blame"

"Yeah but I'm not the one damaged so you're kinda taking more blame than I am." he really knows how to make good points.

I remained silent for a few seconds before I spoke again. "It's gonna be good in a couple days stop worrying." I whispered an 'I hope'.

"How can I make it up for you?" he offered. And I was more than willing to take his offer because damn he's hot. Not that I was eye fucking him, but he was a fine piece of male.

I let my modest non-thirsty part of me answer that. "There's nothing much to do about it"

He bit his already too red lip in what I assumed was his thinking face. I watched as it turned even redder than it already looked in contrast with his pale skin. I wanted to be the one biting it. Also that was my immodest thirsty self who said that.

"Give me your phone" he commanded. I don't know why or how, but my hand was automatically reaching for my phone and handing it to him.

He typed it and clicked a few things and gave it back to me. "I saved my number as 'Zaccc' because it's cool."

"No, not really"

"I'm lame, judge me" he simply shrugged. "If you need anything, just give me a call or text me. I owe you a favor".

"You owe me nothing but okay" I gave him my number and he saved it too.

I went to checkout and stayed there for a long while. I had so many clothes I hoped the closet would fit everything in. One thing I didn't think of. HOW THE FUCK I WAS GOING TO CARRY EVERYTHING BACK??
Well, I'll worry about that once I stop worrying that the card would be thrown in my face for the lack of money in it.

After what felt like forever, "Cash or Card" the lady asked. I gave her my card and she gave it a slick swipe. I waited. And waited.

Nothing happened. No card thrown in my face. No 'sorry sir your balance isn't enough'.

"Uhm can I ask something stupid?"

"You just did" wow. Someone didn't have their coffee this morning.

"How much money do I have in my account?" I asked anyway.
She turned the screen for me to see. Holy damn. I thought I didn't have enough money to buy a heap of clothes.
Turned out I could probably buy the whole store. And the people in it. And maybe, just maybe, the land it was built on.

HOW DID LIAM TRUST ME WITH THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY. DOES HE NOT KNOW WHO I AM?

I started to doubt my own mother's intentions. I felt ashamed about that, but that amount of money makes you wonder about stuff.

"Can I leave a few bags here and pick them up later? I can't carry everything myself" I recollected my thoughts for a second and continued, "Actually I can't carry anything because I hurt my arm on the way here so is there any chance that you deliver?"

The sassy cashier said that she could get 'Randy' to deliver them to my house for a small delivering fee which I happily paid for. And I thanked the heavens for Randy's existence.

I walked back home and I swear it took me less time walking there than going back. Randy and I arrived almost at the same time. He dropped the bags, (I counted 14), and I was left alone to get them in, because mom and Liam weren't home, again. I lifted them with my left arm 2-3 at a time. They were all in my -Isaac's room ready to be sorted.

I heard the door shut and I assumed that mom was back. I went downstairs and she was there indeed. Apparently she did some shopping herself too.

"Help me with these Ev"

I involuntarily, and out of habit, grabbed a bag and immediately regretted it. I hissed at the pain that fired through my arm. I prayed that mom wouldn't notice that and think it's just a normal regular complete natural human sound.

She dropped the bags she was carrying and arched her eyebrow at me. Her face worried like the mother hen she was.

"What's wrong with your arm?"

"I-uhm-I--"...

Hope you enjoy the chapter. More to come soon.