011

[I changed the titles because since I was doing it by the lyrics of the song, that means I'd have to keep repeating and repeating titles and I didn't want to do that.

so, instead, the lyrics of the song will still be below]

"like a river, like a river, shut your mouth and run me like a river."

→←

Journal Entry #528

"It's been eight months and he still talks about her like she put the stars in the sky. She really meant something to him."

- She ruined him.

→←

"So, class, what I'm trying to say is that..." The teacher's voice was blocked out of my mind and faded away, as I slipped into one of my daydreams.

"Kotabug, let's go to the river!" Lucas shouted, shooting me a small smile.

I never could say no to going to the river, so I hurried and slipped my bathing suit on, running to meet him outside. It was a hot and humid summer day, as usual in Tulsa. Lucas and I arrived and our bare feet burned against the blazing bridge.

Lucas muttered a few curse words as we hobbled quickly across the bridge to a shady spot. I set out everything, a blanket, some food, and sunscreen. Lucas and I are so pale, a ghost would be jealous, so let's just say it's not good if we get burnt.

I heard Lucas chuckle and snapped my head up to see him giving me a devilish smirk. My eyes traveled up his arm to a.... rope swing.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked, a thrill of excitement shot through his voice and it landed on me, making me jump up in excitement.

"You probably have to be the most non-influential brother ever." I giggled, getting a hold of the thick, white rope.

He shrugged. "Hey, what are twin brothers for?"

He got behind me and put his hand gently on my shoulders. "On the count of three, swing and jump!"

I rolled my eyes. "I know how to do this, Lucas."

"One, two, THREE!"

I swung in the air, the summer breeze greeting me with a smack in the face. Once I got as high as I could in the air, I released my grip on the rope and raised my arms out, as if to soar like an eagle.

I kept my eyes closed and BAM! My body slammed against the cool water, a tingling sensation spreading throughout my limbs. I lifted my head up and gasped for air, giving Lucas a thumbs up.

The water cooled my body in a way ice cream never could. The river was my favorite spot to go, no matter what the season and nothing could ever stop Lucas and I from not going.