Chapter 15 - Confused

Song for this chapter: One step at a time by Jordan Sparks

Ayla's P.O.V

I am still in shock of what happened yesterday. It doesn't seem real to me but I pinge myself and I realize it is real. Thursday night Ms Hayles called me and asked me to dinner for Friday night saying she has something important to talk to me about so I said i'll meet her.

It was at this upper class restaurant and I knew I wouldn't fit in because when I walked in with my cheap clothes almost everyone was looking at me like 'what the hell is she doing in a place like this? Its clearly not her scene'. But Ms Hayles made me feel better when she said I looked nice even though I think she was just being modest. But her eyes were saying she meant it which was great to me knowing that she's not like those snobs.

She of course was looking gorgeous. She was wearing a silver lace dress and her hair let down with wavy curls at the end. Her make-up was soft and just the right tone to match her skin. I couldn't see her shoes because they were under the table but I saw them when we left and it was a silver glass heels. I didn't even know glass slippers exists.

It was what she said that have me confused right now. She said she wanted to adopt me into a better life. She explained how she felt and that she just wants make me happy. Everything she said was just so unbelievable to me. Not even my own mother said those things to me. She is looking out for me despite the fact that we just met. She is thinking about my well being something I never thought anyone cared about.

I was just staring at her blankly that I didn't even notice the waiter putting down our food. Then I started crying. The words that I always wanted to hear Ms Hayles said it and with so much meaning. Then she came to my side and hug me.

I was taken-aback for a second until I relax into her arms. Then she dried my tears. And again something my mother never did.
I looked at her eyes and I saw something there that I've never seen before. Love. She didn't say it but her eye's showed it. She loved me? How is that possible? Then I shook it from my mind and asked her why me. And her answer made me speechless.

I can't believe somebody like her wants to adopt me and she's so sincere about it. But I believe it because her eyes gave me my answer. She really does care about me.

I need to talk to Bec about this. She will help me decide. So I phoned her and she answered lazily.

"Hey A what's up?"

"Hey can you come over to my place like right now I really need to talk to you. It's important", I said anxiously.

"Okay okay relax. It sounds really important so i'ma be there like in an hour okay".

"Okay Bec i'll see you soon".

"Cool".

Then I hung up and texted her my address. I got out of bed and did my morning routine then went to my living room area and curl up on the couch waiting for Becca.

Half an hour later I heard a knock on the door. I knew it was her so I shouted come in and she came in and saw me on the sofa.

"Hey your apartment is so little".

"Yea. It's what I can afford".

"I understand. But why do you look so sad and confused like you've been thinking alot?" She said sitting beside me.

"Because I have been thinking alot". I said calmly.

"What's wrong? You said you wanted to talk to me so talk", she said.

I sat up and turn to her.

"Ms Hayles wants to adopt me", I said simply.

"She what?!" She shouted. "Wait...I don't understand, explain".