Chapter 20 - I Can't Live Without You

Kate's P.O.V

I was at the function with Ayla and everyone was liking the fact that I finally adopt. They were so nice to her and she looked so adorable. I can't help but feel that she is becoming part of me. Everytime i'm around her I feel extra happy. Just looking at her makes me really happy.

I was talking business with other media personalities when Ayla excused herself saying she's thirsty. I watched her walk to the bar and order juice so I turn back around and started talking then I check on her again and this time she was talking to some girls so I figured she is making friends so I didn't check on her after but I wish I did. Little did I know that, that was the last time I was gonna see her.

After talking for a while I decided to go and find her. I look for her at the bar, the restrooms, on the dance floor everywhere but I could not find her. Then I saw the girls she was talking with so I asked them if they have seen her and they said they were talking to her for a while then she left.

But the smirks on their faces told me that they said something to her that's why she left. So I called her phone but didn't get an answer. Then I called my driver and asked him if he had seen her or take her home but he said no.

At this point I was going crazy. Where could she be? And why did she left? The only person who could anwer my questions was those three girls so I went back to them and demand that they tell me the truth and of course those little brats did. They were the reason my Ayla left and now I have no idea where she is.

I told there parents about this and they were punished immediately. I left the party and went out looking for Ayla with Marcus but we didn't find her anywhere and no one has seen her. I went back home crying and I informed the police and they said they'll do everything to find her.

It's being three days now and I still haven't heard anything. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I just keep crying, hoping and praying that they'll find her soon. What if something bad has happened to her? I won't forgive myself if that's the case.

Right now, i'm at home curled up on the couch waiting for the police to call saying they found her and she's okay. My parents came when they heard what happened and they're trying to comfort me but it's not working. I will only be happy when Ayla is safe, here with me.

She is now legally my adopted daughter. The papers came back Monday from the court approving it. The truth is I love Ayla. I realize this on Sunday when I saw the picture she drew of me in my room. I framed it. I miss her so much I feel like apart of me is missing. I have to find her. I can't live without her. And I don't know why but I have this feeling that something bad has happen to her even though I don't want to believe it.

Just then Emma walked in. "Kate... Honey this is not good. You should eat something. You haven't eaten in three days", She pleaded. But I didn't want to eat.

"She's right darling. You must keep up your strength", I heard my mother say.

"I don't want to eat okay. I'm not hungry", I said softly.

"But you haven't eaten in three..." I heard dad saying but I cut him off.

"I said I don't want to eat okay. Just leave me alone", I said through sobs. Then mom hugged me and I cried in her arms. Just then the phone rang and I quickly pulled from mom and answered.

"Hello", I said curiously.

"Hello Ms Hayles this is officer Daniels speaking", I heard a man voice said.

"Yes officer did you find her?" I asked impatiently.

"Yes we did ma'am. She's in the West Dickerson Hospital. (A/N: I made up that hospital. Like I said I don't live in America) We found her not long ago. A nurse said she recognized the clothes she was wearing from the pictures with you of a function held on Saturday", he said.