Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys! Please take a look at Delia's outfit in the picture above. Also please comment, I need to know how you guys feel about this story so far! I worked hard on this chapter and I'm very happy with it so let me know what you think!
xoxo
__________________

Delia
.
.
.
Professor Snape reminded us about the key points to include in our papers due next week, to which a few people groaned. I looked at Draco from the corner of my eye and saw his eyes flicker away from me. I rolled my eyes and angrily shut my book closed as the bell rang, leaving the classroom.
"Delia wait!" He called from behind me. My nostrils flared and I turned around.
"Don't you have a bitch to run off to?" I said icily, crossing my arms. His eyes narrowed and he clenched his fists.
"You think you're so damn perfect, Edwards but you're not. You're a filthy-" He trailed off and I stepped closer.
"Cat got your tongue, Malfoy? Go on, say it." I searched his eyes, still fuming.
"Fuck you." He brushed my shoulder and walked off. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and headed to the common room.That day, was the first night I dreamt of him.

The smell of butterbeer filled my nose as I laughed at something Draco said.
"Draco that's terrible!" I said, taking a sip.
"You should have seen my father's face. He was like-" He scrunched up his face in a grimace and I laughed so hard butterbeer came out of my nose. Draco chuckled at me, offering me his black handkerchief with his initials embroidered in silver thread which I took gratefully.
"I'm so sorry." I shook my head and he reached across the table, taking my hand in his.
"Don't be."

After the dream I woke up incredibly flushed, and, embarrassed at my thoughts, it made it harder to avoid him without looking at him. That was the last conversation we'd have for a week. He spent his time effectively ignoring me like the child he was and I told myself I wished I had never met him. That was a lie. His perfectly straight jaw line and beautiful grey orbs haunted my thoughts. That one week without speaking to him or getting acknowledged by him felt like a millennium. Granted, I was still terribly upset at him but that didn't mean I hated him.

Harry had urged me to get a dress for Slughorn's Christmas party after seeing the old brown dress I was thinking of wearing. He'd told me I looked like a potato sack so I sent a letter to Tonks asking her to pick a simple dress in my size. The morning of the party, I got my package. A black owl dropped it into my hands and Hermione clapped in delight.
"You've got to show me, later." I nodded smiling at her. She'd been unusually absent-minded since Ron started dating Lav so it was nice to see a genuine smile coming from her.
"It's just a dress. Why do girls get excited over things of that sort?" Ron said, innocently. Hermione was clearly not convinced he was being so innocent because she glared at him.
"Why do you get excited about new gear for quidditch, Ronald? It's the same thing." She stabbed her food with a fork aggressively and I cleared my throat in an attempt to change the topic.
"I'm going back to the common room. Coming, Mione?" I got up with my package and she followed me.
"Are you alright?" I asked, looking at her with worried eyes.
"Fine. Just fine." She gave me a small unconvincing smile and I squeezed her arm in support.
"You could just tell him how you feel." Her head whipped around to look at me, flushed.
"What are you- what do you mean?"
"I think we both know exactly what I mean."
"Rubbish." I chuckled as she smiled, slightly embarrassed.
.
.
.
A few hours later, Hermione was softly curling my red hair.
"You've got so much hair, Delia. My arm's about to fall off." She said, groaning.
"Oh please. Don't be a sissy."
"You're terrible." I carefully lined my eyes with a black gel eyeliner and curled my lashes, putting my mascara on. I fanned my lashes to dry them faster and I felt Hermione step away from me.
"That's the last of them. Now shoo so I can put on my lipstick." I got up from her bed and walked to the dress that was laid on my bed. It was a simple black dress with a small slit on the thigh, elegant without being too formal. I carefully took off my shirt, slipping into the dress. I didn't wear a bra underneath because my breasts were small enough to be without one and still look good. I was a B cup so I didn't worry too much about them. My rear end was what I was worried about. I'd always had thick thighs and a behind to match, that I'd always been insecure about. I turned to the side to make sure I didn't look too large in the dress and smoothed it out. Gently running my hands through the curls before finally pulling my hair into a high ponytail with tendrils to frame my face, I put on a bright red lipstick. My mother's pearl necklace rested cold below my collarbone and I touched it. It was the only thing I had from her and was my most cherished possession.
"Delia, you look great." Hermione said bringing me away from my thoughts and back to reality. I smiled at her and took in her appearance.
"Me? You look so beautiful, Mione." Her cheeks flushed and she checked the time.
"Shoot! Harry must be waiting for you in the common room. I'll see you there?"
"Who are you bringing?"
"It's a surprise." I raised an eyebrow at her and walked out to Harry.
"Wow. You look great, Delia." Harry smiled at me.
"Thanks. Much better than my potato sack, I reckon?" He laughed and nodded.
"Definitely." We walked out of the common room to the party.
.
.
.
The party was relatively boring, my only entertainment was seeing Hermione try to avoid Cormac. Harry was also always disappearing so I held most of my conversations with Neville who was a waiter. Harry was a terrible date. I'd have to tell him that. Just then, Harry was at my side and I was about to ask him where he'd been when I heard a commotion.
"Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" A voice I'd been deprived of hearing for a week angrily spat. Filch dragged in Malfoy and everyone turned to look.
"I found him lurking in the corridors. He says he was invited to your party, professor."
"Okay, okay! I was gate-crashing!" Draco's eyes finally met mine and his lips parted in surprise. His eyes trailed over the length of my petite figure and I pressed my lips together. His eyes looked almost...hungry. My cheeks flushed and Snape approached them.
"I'll escort him out." Malfoy looked at him clenching his teeth.
"Certainly...professor." They exited the room and my heart pounded in my chest. I looked around for Harry to distract myself from how I was feeling but to no avail. That boy is always disappearing.

I headed back to the common room alone, assuming Harry had gone back early. He could've at least told me. I was about to pass the prefect's bathroom when the door opened and there he stood. We both stood there in silence, not sure what to say to one another.
"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time. A smile tugged at his lips and I looked away, looking at my nude heels. He looked around the corridors before reaching out and pulling me into the bathroom after him. It smelled floral inside, and I assumed someone had recently taken a bath. Draco closed the door and not facing me, he let out a sigh. I turned around and twirled a piece of hair around my finger.
"Draco, we don't have to talk. We already apologized to-" In an instant he stood inches away from me, and I could feel his breath on my neck. My hair stood on end as his nose grazed my skin. I let out a gasp as he pressed me against the wall, hands on my hips. I put a hand on his chest, preventing him from coming closer.
"Draco.." I said in barely a whisper, as he put my hand at my side, pressing himself closer to me. My heart raced in my chest but I couldn't make myself stop him.
"When I saw you with Potter, tonight...It just isn't right."
"Wh-what do you mean?"
"He's so ordinary but tonight, you...you looked so...enticing."
Draco pulled my leg up by my thigh and kissed my neck. A small almost inaudible moan escaped my lips and he sucked on a sensitive spot, sending electricity through my body. I tangled my hand in his hair and he ran his hand up my thigh under my dress, stopping just before where my underwear rested on my hip. I bit my lip and he looked at me with lust filled eyes. My body ached for him to touch me again as my neck throbbed. My breathing was uneven and my head was light, I was thankful he didn't notice. He pulled the hair tie off, letting my curls fall around my face. His hand was on my back and he gently pulled me to him, away from the wall. I bit my lip and ran out of the bathroom. I couldn't be around him. He had a girlfriend and he just cheated on her. Once I got back to my room I took a good look at myself.

My face was flushed and my eyes were the same bright honey color when I was around him except this time, a deep green rimmed the edges of the honey brown. I cautiously pulled my hair back and saw the small purple mark from Draco. I shook my head, looking down. I drummed my hands on my bed and changed. Elle was waiting for me on my bed, nudging me to pet her as usual. I didn't get much sleep that night.