Sixteen: Locked Out

No Comment of the Chapter for this one.(Yes, I can do that)

Chapter Sixteen: Locked Out

I really have to give Holly a lot of credit. The dress she got me wasn’t all that bad. I mean, I actually liked it. It was a long-sleeved (to cover the color difference between my real skin and the fat suit), emerald green dress. It didn’t go too low down my back so I could hide my zipper and it was floor length, which was to be expected since it was formal after all.

The shoes were simply flat flats, which was awesome because I couldn’t walk in heels.

It made me feel kind of bad for leaving Holly there without a proper excuse, so I made Kurt go to the mall and get me a salted pretzel.

“Thank you, my favorite big brother,” I thanked Kurt as he handed me the pretzel.

“I’m your only brother.” He gave me an annoyed look. “Why do I have to pay for you being more social?” he whined childishly.

“Because this is all your fault. You’re the one who made me go shopping with Holly the first time around and caused me to like her,” I explained.

“But you’re happier, right?” Kurt did that weird thing with his eyebrows again.

I raised an eyebrow at his weird, eyebrow thing. “I guess so,” I agreed nonchalantly and shrugged.

Without warning, Kurt tackled me with a hug.

“Kurt, what are you doing?” I asked him, growing weary of hugs and then pushed him off of me.

“What does it look like? I’m giving you a hug. My sister is happpppyyyyy!”

“Kurt, are you drunk?”

“No! Why would I intoxicate myself with drugs that could eventually do permanent damage to my liver system? I mean, yeah, the liver regenerates and crap, but it’ll eventually fail and some people—”

“Yup, you’re drunk,” I deducted. Inside of becoming a mindless party animal when drunk, Kurt gets smart and babbles on about the liver system. But when I say ‘drunk’, Kurt is usually drunk off of Dr. Pepper, not daring enough to live on the illegal side of the law and drink under aged. It’ll be interesting to see what Kurt is like when real alcohol is in his system. 

“Yeah, if you consider Dr. Pepper alcohol.”

I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

“I’m going to Holly’s house,” I told him, while he momentarily entered the state of soberness.

“My sister is beeeiinng sooooocial!” Kurt sang, acting like he was drunk once more.

“Yeah, sure,” I said, not sure how to handle a drunk person. “Call me if you break anything or if you do something stupid,” I reminded him as I backed out to the front door of my house. “And don’t drive under the influence! And come lock the door,” I called once I was out of the house, too lazy to get my keys from the house and then come back outside.  

I began on my journey, trying to remember the route Buzz had taken me on. I stopped suddenly, having the urge that I was forgetting something.

I had the pretzel that I had promised Holly I would get for her yesterday, I had my pants on, I had my jacket, I had my phone in my front pocket, but I felt lighter and colder today than I usually do.

“Crap,” I said to myself when I realized I had left without my fat suit. “Crap, crap, shit, crap, shit,” I chanted to myself and fast walked back to my house. I really didn’t want to be caught and explained to yet another person my predicament.