Chapter 20

Harry walked up to Dumbledore's office with a heavy heart. His mind was, as always, running overdrive, causing many people to ask if he was okay due to the dazed and faraway expression on his face.

Barty's dim and lifeless eyes seemed to have imprinted themselves in Harry's mind. He couldn't un-see them no matter what. It seemed they bore into his soul, leaving him thinking 'what if I was just a bit quicker; what if I found him sooner?'

Harry walked up the spiral staircase and up to Dumbledore's office.

"A man has died here. And he won't be the last, you must take action." Harry heard Dumbledore's voice as he approached the door. He couldn't find it in himself to knock on the door. Not just yet anyway.

"I will not. In times like these the wizarding world looks to its leaders for strength Dumbledore." Harry heard none other than the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, hiss back, his words laced with defiance.

"Then for once show them some."

"The Tri-Wizard Tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward." Harry was in slight shock at the Minister's words. He was willing to endanger more lives just so he could live up to some expectations. Just so people didn't see him as the coward he really was.

"But surely that is what's right, no matter what others think." Dumbledore said, the calmness in his voice shocking Harry.

"What did you say? What did you say to me?"

"Excuse me gentlemen, it may interest you to know that this conversation is no longer private." Harry heard Moody grumble and was curious as to how he knew.

Harry lifted his hand to knock as if he had only been there a second and not a couple of minutes listening in on the conversation.

As Harry's hand was about to greet the wood of the door, it creaked open and Harry took his time peering in and when he knew they all acknowledged him being there, stepped into the office properly.

"Harry!" Fudge spoke cheerily, trying to break some of the tension. "Harry, how good to see you again."

"I can come back later, Professor." Harry suggested.

"Oh not necessary Harry, the Minister and I are done." Fudge shot an angry and offended look at Dumbledore. "I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you. Harry do feel free to indulge in a liquorice snack in my absence, but I have to warn you they're a little bit sharp."

Harry was left to his own devices.

Seeing the liquorice sweets Dumbledore had mentioned, Harry walked up to them, feeling his stomach rumble. As Harry took a handful, the sweets burst to life and bit away at his hand. Harry jumped and flinched at the unexpected pain and tried to flick them off. He stumbled backwards into a wall and suddenly it opened up.

A enchanting blue glow emitted from it and a large looking stone basin was placed in the middle of the secret place. It had intricate designs on and seemed to be containing some sort of liquid.

Harry walked closer, intrigued.

As Harry looked into the pool of blue, it began to swirl. An image began to appear. The only way Harry could think to describe it was watercolour running along paper or ink being dropped in a glass of water. It was highly mesmerising.

All of a sudden, Harry felt himself falling. A yell sounded from his mouth as he began falling into a grand room.

He fell into a seat next to a man. People were murmuring all around him. The room was grand and very spacious with big towering walls and large wooden beams across the ceiling.