0.11

Harry apologized about what he said to Rowen two days after what he found out. But she still knew his plan. She found herself every evening with Remus and she looked over at the man with the scars on his face, but said nothing.

"What's on your mind, Rowen?"

"You're training Harry to use the Patronus charm. Why are you going to help him kill your friend?"

"Because, though you might not want to believe it. Sirius is the reason behind your mothers, and Harry's parents death. They were the Potter's secret keepers and he gave that up." Rowen looked down.

"Maybe there is part of the story no one knows. My mum never wrote about it. But I just have a feeling."

"And maybe there is. But if not, Harry will need to be able to protect himself from the Dementors."

"Teach me?" Remus smiled and nodded.

"This is beyond your skill level. It might be difficult."

"I like a challenge." Rowen said, smiling.

"Do you know what a Patronus is?"

"It's like a positive force. It surrounds you. It protects you. It distracts the Dementor."

"That's exactly right. Do you know how to get it to work." Rowen shook her head, "you must think of a memory. It must be a very happy one and powerful." Rowen went through her memories and then smiled before nodding at Remus, "got something? Good. Let it fill you up. Lose yourself in that memory. Then speak the incantation: Expecto Patronum. Do it without your wand first."

"Expecto Patronum." Rowen said.

"Right. Are you ready." Rowen nodded, and raised her wand. Remus, watched her intently and grabbed the lid of the trunk, "concentrate on the memory, Rowen." she watched the the hooded figure as it came near her, she stood her ground and looked at it. The coldness the Dementor brought surrounded her, but she thought of the day in the garden. The day she met her father and took a deep breath and ran with the memory.

"Expecto Patronum." she said pointing her wand it. It was little at first, the light coming from her wand but nothing came from it and the Dementor got closer to her, "Expecto Patronum." she said more powerfully and from her wand sprouted a wolf. It came out and stood protectively in front of Rowen. Rowen breathed out and smiled, she looked over at Remus, "Riddikulus." the boggart in the form of a Dementor went away and flew back into the trunk it came out of. She looked over at Remus again and he stood there.

"Just like your mother, she was well beyond her years in magic as well." Remus said, "that is very impressive." Rowen smiled, "it's quiet late. You should get back to the dormitory before it causes you to get into trouble." he put a hand on Rowen's shoulder and she looked up at him. 

"Thanks for teaching me too."

"I didn't teach you anything, except what to say. But my guess is, you already knew." Rowen shrugged and left Remus' office.