0.12

When Rowen returned to the dormitory she was surprised to see that everyone including Professor McGonagall were in the common room, in their pajamas. All eyes snapped to her and she looked around.

"Obviously I missed something."

"Where were you this evening, Ms. Black. It is way past curfew." McGonagall questioned

"I was with Professor Lupin."

"Doing what?"

"He's been telling me stories of my mother." Rowen lied easily, "he's the only connection I have left to her. We didn't realize how late it was. I'm sorry, Professor." she nodded.

"Right, sorry Ms. Black." Rowen went to stand next to the twins and looked up at them. She was honestly glad she was no longer angry with George. Sure they ignored the little outburst she had where she confessed her feelings for the boy, which irritated Rowen. But she should've known that he only saw her as a friend, because she'd be destined for the cruel fate, "well according to Mr. Weasley," she pointed to Ron, "your father came through the portrait hole."

"Well how would he get through the portrait hole without a password. That is preposterous." Rowen said.

"I don't know how he got in! I was a bit busy dodging his knife!" Crookshanks wends his way through Ron's legs, "and this bloody cat ate my rat!"

"That's a lie!" Hermione said.

"It is not and you blood well know it!"

"Silence." Professional McGonagall said before turning around to look at Sir Cadogan, who perks up once he notices attention was on him.

"Sir Cadogan. Is it possible that you let a mysterious man enter Gryffindor Tower tonight?"

"Certainly, good lady! He had the password. Had the whole week's in fact. On a little piece of paper." Rowen cringed she knew who was writing down the passwords on a little piece of paper, but she would never dare to throw Neville under the bus. She liked him too much.

"Which abysmally foolish person wrote down the passwords and then proceeded to lose them!" Professor McGonagall demanded. Eyes went to Neville and it caused McGonagall to sigh, "is it always going to be you Longbottom?"

"I'm afraid so, ma'am."

"While we know Sirius Black is gone tonight, I think you can safely assume he will, at some future time, attempt to return. Let me be clear. You are not to move about the castle alone. And you are not to write down the password! Understood!" everyone nodded. McGonagall gives the ties of her robe a sharp tug, collecting herself and going to leave, "very well then. Go to bed. Ms. Black, a word." Rowen stepped forward and went out of the portrait with McGonagall, "your father is going to come back. We don't know what he's looking for. But I want you to be high alert, because he could very well want you. So please, stay with your friends at all time." Rowen nodded, "try and get some sleep." Rowen went back through the portrait and noticed that George was waiting for her.

"What are you still doing down here?" she questioned.

"Checking on you. It's your father."

"I'm fine. I'm totally fine with people thinking that my father is a murder."

"Thinking? He wouldn't have been in Azkaban if he weren't, Rowen."

"People make mistake. Convict the wrong person." George sighed and put his arms around the young witch and she looked up at him, "I should get some sleep." she said, she left George's arms and went up the stairs to her room. She fell back onto her bed and sighed rather loudly.