0.13

It was morning and the weekend. So no classes, which made Rowen happy. She had made plans with the Golden Trio to go see Hagrid to see how the hearing had went.

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial." Ron said to Hermione, the statement caused Rowen to roll her eyes.

"Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his happy, decidedly decrepit rat." Hermione said.

"Maybe your rat is secretly evil, Ron. Ever think of that?"

"You're just angry because he bites you all the time, Row." Rowen glared at Ron, "Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her."

"No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now!" Rowen coughed out a laugh, earning a look from Harry.

"Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry! Plus living with Rowen is a risk." Rowen hit Ronald over the head. The four avoided each other's eyes, turning to go towards the black lake. 

When they there Rowen noticed Hagrid standing in the lake, wearing a hairy brown suit and what had to be the ugliest yellow and orange tie. He was skimming rocks across the water's surface. He must've heard them approaching because he turned, Rowen instantly saw that red nature of his eyes and assumed he was crying.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Rowen asked.

"Buckbeak liked London."

"I meant the hearing."

"Oh. That. Well, I got up an' said my bit-- you know, how Buckbeak was a goof Hippogriff an' as long as yeh treated 'im with respect, he'd treat you the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up an' said his bit-- you know, how Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous beast that no teach in their righ' mind would expose their students to..."

"And...?" Hermione questioned. Hagrid slung another rock into the water.

"You mustn't blame yourself, Hagrid." Rowen said.

"It's your cousins fault, Draco. It's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak."

"Buckbeak's not going back to the forest..."

"Oh, no. Where's he going, Hagrid?" Rowen questioned.

"He asked for the worse, yeh see, Lucius Malfoy did. An' the Committee granted it. Buckbeak's bin sentenced ter death." Rowen sighed and ran her hands over her face. That wasn't what she was expecting, but she had horrible things about her Uncle and she did know her cousin well enough to not be surprised.

"I can send him a nastily worded letter. But I doubt he'd even read it." Rowen offered, "but I might just send him a howler. Give him a piece of my mind. Draco too, that little ferret."