Chapter 15

Soldier 259

  Men, five to be exact, dressed in black uniforms rush into my room, all holding tranquilizers. I put my hands up in the air as the command. They grab ahold of my arms and roughly throw me into a chair with wheels at the bottom of it. I don't fight them as they tighten the put restrains on my body, holding my arms and legs down. To be even more cruel, they muzzle me like a crazy animal. I glare at them, they wheel me off out of my room.

  The restrains are made of leather and hurt my skin. I look around and look out the few windows we pass to see a green jungle. More men join us and so does another person in a chair. I try to move my head to get a better look at them, but the muzzle is tied to the chair and I can't.

"259! Is that you?" 284's voice sounds scared, it's been a long time since his voice has sounded like that.

"284! I'm here! What did they do to you?"

"They gave me this strange drug that they said will help me remember. 259..." 284's voice gets real soft and sad.

"What is it?" I demand as they wheel us down a corner, two wooden doors standing ominously ahead.

"It's 117. They gave her this pill and she remembers her family. She remembers her father."

"Who's her father?"

"60."

  The doors open and I freeze, my heart misses a beat and my blood runs cold. 117 and 60.... are related? But how?

  King T'challa is standing in front of a cage. He's in the outfit that I saw him in on the streets. He smiles at me, I do not return it. The men wheel 284 and I  in front of him and stand to the side by the wall. I see that Sam, Steve, Sylvia, Bucky, and Ogie are standing over there as well. My eyes go big at the sight of Ogie, he's standing beside Sylvia with tears in his face.

"Mommy!" he pleas, his voice sounds so scared.

"Ogie!" I yell and fight against the restrains, anything to get me to my Ogie.

  The restrains pop and bust. I rip the muzzle off, guards run towards me. Bucky takes a step forward but Steve gabs a hold of his arm, stopping him. Ogie rushes towards me and Sylvia runs after him. A guard grabs a hold of my arm and I elbow him in the face, breaking his nose. Another, tackles me from behind and I go tumbling down. I kick and claw at the guard, more join him and Sylvia finally grabs a hold of Ogie and picks him up. He screams and kicks as he reaches for me, I reach back but the guards drag me away.

  I hear 284 yelling and fighting against his restrains. 60 and 117 come in, tied down to chairs of their own. They fight against the restrains when they see me screaming and fighting against the guards. The guards open the door to the cage, it's quite huge, the top of it reaching the ceiling, and throw me in. I hit the ground and get up, running for the door before they close it and lock it. They close the door and I'm left caged in a giant cage and alone, with nothing but my anger for company.

  King T'challa comes to the side of the cage, "I'm sorry, Soldier 259. But, this technique worked last time and we want to see if it will work this time."

"Last time? What do you mean last time?" I yell at him.

  I hear a door being opened and turn to see the wall move up and reveal a large figure. The figure is a black lab with crazed eyes. The eyes dhow a war going on in its mind, a daises fighting the animal's mind. Poor thing. My blood runs cold when I realize who that animal is, my loyal Night. He snarls and bares his teeth at me.

"We need to see if you can tame him and retrieve the memories stored within him, all of your memories." T'challa says.

  I look at Night with, for the first time, fear. If I'm not careful, he can bite me and that will be ugly. Poor Night, I wonder what they've done to him to make him like this. Whatever it is, it will be ten times worse for them when I get my hands on them.

  I hear Ogie cry and focus on Night. Night rushes towards me and I dodge to the left. He wpins around and jumps. I jump over him, my hand brushing his fur and the memories come. Ugh! This is so not the time to remember stuff! I fall to the ground and hear Ogie yell at me to get up.

  I'm in a tree overlooking a family down below me, my rifle pointed at the man, a tall Wakandan King with his beautiful wife beside him. They smile as they watch their son play, not knowing that I'm about to kill them because they wouldn't give Hydra the materials it wanted.

I zoom in on the King and stop when I see the little boy tackle his father. They laugh and the guards smile from their posts behind the family. Someone a shot at the wife and she falls to the ground, a scream escaping her lips as she falls. Immediately, I look in the trees to find the shooter but only catch the glimpse of a tall, muscular, pale man with jet black hair climb down a tree, rifle in hand and disappear into the jungle.

The King hold his dead wife in his arms and cries, the little boy looks up at the tree I'm in, tears in his eyes. I jump out of the tree and run to where him and his father are. I come out of the bushes and walk to him. He looks up at me, "Did you kill my mommy?"

"No."

His father looks up at me with hate in his eyes and points a finger at me, "Get her!"

The guards come towards me but stop when the little boy stands in front of me, protecting me from the guards. His father looks at him confused and the boy looks at him, "She did not kill Mother, Father."

  The vision fades and I'm back in the cage with five very angry and mean looking Night. I look at King T'challa with sad eyes to see and see that his mirror mine. I stand, Night rush towards me and stops dead in his tracks when I give him a nasty look. He lowers his head and whimpers. I walk towards him and run my fingers through his fur, regaining my memories with T'challa and his father and some other memories that I have stored.

  I learn that I was the one that helped train T'challa how to fight and that I was his protector for two years before Hydra kidnapped me, again. I learn that I was to kill T'challa and his father, someone else was supposed to kill the wife. I shed a single tear as I watch the memories unfold in my mind. I don't even notice the cage door open and Ogie running towards me until Ogie's arm is rapped around my waist in a hug. I reach down and hug him, shaking from the memories.