Beyond the Stories (Jaime Lannister x reader)

Jaime stared at you, dumbfounded. "This cannot be true. Tell me this is not true, Y/N. Please," he practically begged you. You stood on the opposite side of his small table, the tears running down your face. "It is true. I wish I could say otherwise, but I cannot lie to you. You would only discover it later. I thought you would like to hear it from me." You turned and made your way to the door of his chamber. You didn't get far before you heard the scraping of the chair against the floor and you felt a hand wrap around your arm.

"Please do not leave," he practically begged. You turned back to face him. "I have no choice. My father is taking me to Highgarden in a fortnight. From there, the Tyrells will help him to find a suitable match for a marriage for me. There is no getting out of it. " Jaime shook his head in childlike defiance. "There must be something! You cannot leave, Y/N. You are the only one keeping me sane in the damnable place! I need you!" he cried, taking his good hand off your arm and running it through his blonde hair.

"You do not need me, Jaime. You are so much stronger than you think. You've never needed me," you assured him, cupping his cheek with your hand. "Besides, you have Cersei." He glared at you. He had long given Cersei up. He no longer shared her bed. Not since he met you and you saw beyond the stories people told about the Kingslayer. You hadn't judged him when you learned of his true relationship with Cersei. You saw the real man that was Jaime Lannister and he loved you for it, even though he'd never said it.

"I don't want Cersei! I want you!" He was almost yelling now. You dropped your hand from his face and looked down at the ground, your fists clenched at your sides. "No, Jaime. No you don't. You cannot say such things," you said softly. You didn't want to hear it because, if you heard the words from his lips, it would make it so much harder to leave. You felt his golden hand on your chin. He used it to lift your face up to look at him.

"I say it because it is true. I do not want anyone else but you. Not Cersei, not Brienne, and certainly not some uppity lord's daughter. Only you and the fact that you are trying so hard to not hear what I have to say tells me that you feel the same. Stay with me, Y/N." Your eyes scanned his Lannister green ones for any sign of falsehood and found none. You felt more tears beginning to form. "I can't. This is where our story ends," was all you said before turning and running from the room.

As soon as the door closed behind you, Jaime let his anger and frustration take over. Chairs were over turned, jugs and basins were broken. Only then did Jaime realize that he too was crying. There just had to be something he could do. This couldn't be the end of the story. To accept that, Jaime would have to admit defeat and Jaime Lannister was never one to be defeated. He made up his mind then and there that he was going to do something.

Later that night, you were awoken by the sound of something knocking rapidly on your chamber door. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you got up and opened the door. Despite the darkness, you could make out Jaime's silhouette. "Jaime? What are you doing here?" you asked sleepily. You hated that he woke you. You liked your sleep. "Get dressed."

"Why?" you asked, suddenly more alert. It wasn't like Jaime to order you around, especially after waking you up. "We're leaving." Your mouth dropped open and you gaped at him. "Leaving? Jaime, you know I cannot do that." His eyes softened as he looked at you. "Yes you can, Y/N. Please. Get dressed. I will begin packing your belongings." You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth for a minute before asking, "Why, Jaime? Why would you risk losing everything to run away? And with me?"

"I hoped it was obvious, Y/N," he replied, turning back to you. When you simply looked at him in confusion, he chuckled. "I realize I don't put words to my feelings well, but I thought my actions spoke for themselves." Your brows furrowed. "F-feelings?" Jaime closed the distance between you and cupped your cheek in his good hand. "Yes, Y/N. Feelings," he whispered and before you could respond, he placed a gentle kiss to your lips.

Tosay it took you by surprise was an understatement, but you didn't have time tothink on it long. Jaime pulled away and flashed you his beautiful smile."Please, Y/N. Get dressed. We mustleave King's Landing before dawn or we will never get away." You noddedand did as he asked. As you were dressing, you couldn't help but grin. Therewas something more for you and Jaime. Your story wasn't over after all.X!t^$