57th Poem: To Maire

This is my first time writing a love poem and it was for the lovely Mumal16! See it in its context in her story, Our Modern Fairytale (ZM). Be sure to drop some comments and votes while you're there. ;) Link in description! Note: Important author's note at the end

Here's the poem:

To Maire,

I much enjoy this view, 

the beautiful sight of you, 

away, but so close, 

so close, yet so far. 

As much as I enjoy, 

 the *splendid sun that is you, 

I see sadness, pain even, 

clouding your features, dampening your smile. 

I wish you would tell me how to 

erase your sadness and show the real you.

-Your secret admirer.

Author's Note:

I see you've reached the author's note;) Wassabi?

I'm guessing you've all seen the flood of poems written over the course of last weekend to this week. That was because I found a lot of inspiration this weekend going through my hectic life. 

But I digress. kimberly1366 *wink, wink*

So as I said before, this is my first time writing a love poem, that too a poem for someone else to use in their book. 

A lot of people on here have graphic shops, cover shops, banner shops, gifs, trailers- the list goes on and on, and I was thinking ... should I, Dragon, open up a poem shop? 

I mean, if I did, would any of you even use the poems I write? I could have premade poems as well. The poems would be of any genre, any setting, abstract and general, concrete and personal.

*splendid suns- Added into this poem because I read the book A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. The book was inspired by the poem Kabul by Saib-e-Tabrizi.

By the way, you should all totally find that book and read it. It is a super great read that will possibly have you in tears, make you upset, and allow you to realize what real companionship and sacrifice is.

Seriously, read it. Not joking. Oh, and read the poem. It's simply beautiful.

Song: Time of Our Lives - Pitbull, Neyo. (Sorry, the song is a bit irrelevant but I blame Pandora)

That concludes this author's note, so comment below if you think I should open up a poems shop. I personally think it'd be fun! :)

Tags because I value you people's opinion (I'm too lazy to add everyone tbh:

_Imperfect_Writingmost_baykimberly1366WritingMelodySnow_Alchemist1000Shreya_The_Best_1602pastel_dream13Resserellcgyahr2020Kiara786786Bookgirlgeek1Mumal16