The Presentation Part 2

Now we'll continue with Saey

Saey

"Hi. My name is Saey, I am an innovator. As you know I am one of the survivors and I was in charge of Cryopreservation which is basically a refrigerator for people. A freezer actually. You might think it is a failed project but my job was to make sure we stay alive and look at it.

The original plan was to wake up in a couple of years. The computers were running tests like outside temperature, human population, Oxigen level and any other elements human need to stay alive. When the computer calculates that the enviroment is suitable for living, it was supposed to give our capsules a signal so we could wake up. And that signal was failed. When the computer broke down we never got the signal and ... You know the rest.

Let me tell you a little bit about cryopreservation. It's not just freezing people. It is true that you decrease the temperature to a certain level but that's not all. We were in a liquid which we cannot create right now, simply because you don't have the right elements. And even we did, I don't think I can create the same thing.

And here is why. How many of you are reallly into technology? Yet how many of you can create a cellphone ? That's what I mean.

Anyway again the computers were calculating every single supplement a human body needs. And it was giving it to us when we need them. Now you might say how did you store all those stuff that you need for thousands of years? The answer is simple. When you are under cryopreservation, the stuff you need decreases dramatically. You still need them but very very small amount of them.

Anyway that's how we survived. But I can see in your eyes that you don't care about how we did it, more impotantly you wonder why we did it.

People kill themselves everyday. They commit suicides. So why did we try to survive when there is a mass extinction. Even though we knew every single living person we knew was going to die....

We tried to survive because... first of all we didn't know if it was going to work or not. We hoped it would. And We were expecting to wake up in 5 years top. The disaster was in our continent so we knew the only survivors in the world would be the ones who rejected technology. They rejected everything we were working on , our entire life purpose.

We wanted to change the world, to make it a better place. But they... They wanted to keep it as it is, And like it's not enough, they wanted the world to go back. That was something we couldn't tolerate. And we knew when we are gone, They would win.

Now, of course that wasn't the main purpose why we build this surviving kit in the first place. No. We built it so we could discover everywhere and finally change things. The flood thing was just a coincidence for us. When we found about the flood, we changed our project purpose a little bit.

We didn't accept our fate and we froze ourselves. We were gonna stop them before they could destroy everything. And we were going to build a new world.

But when I wake up, when I first learnt that, this was a totally different time, I felt so empty and failed. My entire purpose was gone. This was a different world. And to be frankly I thought it was gonna be better. But then gradually I accepted the fact that this was my fate from the beginning. Maybe I wasn't supposed to change "that" world. Maybe I am here to share my experiences with you, tell you all about the mistakes we made. All the amazing inventions we made. All the stuff you should invent, and all the stuff you shouldn't invent. So that's why we are here. All of us. We are here just for you. We don't care about living, we don't care about dying. There isn't a single person here, we are intimate with. We are just here for you. All the questions you have, are welcome.

Now before I gave the mic to Gleb who is going to tell you all about our system, how we lived and managed, I want to tell you why your system doesn't work.

First, people make something up, then they get upset because it actually doesn't exist. Like unicorns or freedom or justice.

You have this words you made up, and you want them to work. Complete freedom doesn't match with the human life. If you can do anything, There is a great chance, you do someting, that others don't want.

Democracy, freedom, justice, equality... these are the things we want to accomplish. But if you really think about it, You'll realise these are ideals not facts. And we try to be closest to them but their exact being is literally impossible. Today, my friend Gleb is going to tell you how we solved this problem. How we voted, How we tried to be just, how we punished, how we decided things.

I am not saying we had the perfect system. No system is ever perfect. But we had updated it for years. As time goes by we eliminated most of problems.

I was gonna tell you about a few inventions like our cell phones or cinemas but since we talked about "The System" so much, let me represent you Gleb. After he tell you all about the system, I'll come back and tell you about it. Sorry for the disorganization. We had really little time to prepare this."