The Hound's Good Luck Charm (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

You would never have considered yourself lucky, really. At least, not until you met them. Arya Stark and the Hound, Sandor Clegane. You had been running away from some of men loyal to Gregor Clegane, the Mountain when you first met Arya and Sandor. You ran to them and pleaded for help as soon as you saw them. The Mountain's men were not far behind you. They caught up quickly, but thankfully Sandor took pity on you and dispatched your tormentors. Soon, you found yourself traveling with the two odd companions.

As time went on, you began to realize you growing attraction to Sandor. While it was said he was a brutal killer, there was also something else there and you could see it. He cared about Arya and, to some degree, he cared about you. Why else would he have saved you? However, your feelings had no place during your travels, so you kept them to yourself. What you didn't know was that Sandor felt the same way.

Sandor was never one for expressing himself with anything other than anger. He didn't know how to tell you what he felt for you. Besides, how could you possibly feel anything but disgust for him? He was disfigured and a killer. He brought nothing but death and torment to those around him simply by being who he was. So, like you, he chose to say nothing. Neither of you counted on young Arya being able to see the lingering gazes or the flushed faces when the two of you were together.

Arya decided to find ways to make sure you and Sandor had time alone together. Those times were awkward at first, but soon the two of you were talking as if you were old friends and you grew even closer. It took you several weeks to figure out what Arya was doing and when you did, you were torn. You wanted to strangle the girl, but at the same time, you were grateful. Especially after Brienne of Tarth found the three of you and Sandor was wounded.

You nearly screamed when Sandor rolled off the cliff. You pushed passed Brienne and Podrick, running down to where Sandor had fallen. As you ran, you prayed to the old gods and the new that Sandor was still alive. By the time you got down to him, Arya was already there and you could hear him pleading with her to kill him. The girl refused and left, but not before relieving him of the little money he had.

You called to her, but she ignored you, trying to get as far away from Sandor as possible. A cough caught your attention and you turned back to Sandor. "Sandor," you breathed, taking in his broken and bloodied form. "Kill me," he whispered and you shook your head. You cursed to yourself, wondering how you could be so unlucky. You sank down to the ground next to Sandor and began sobbing as you saw the light leave his eyes.

You bolted upright from your spot on the ground. "What is it?" Sandor's gruff voice came from beside you. You dried your eyes and shook your head, indicating you weren't ready to talk about it. "Nightmare again?" You looked at him and saw those brown eyes you loved gazing at you with concern. You'd been having those nightmares since that day. You nodded. Sandor wrapped an arm around you and kissed your temple. " 'S alright. Not like I died. Takes more than that ta kill me."

It was true. Sandor didn't die that day, although he had come close. A septon passing by had seen the two of you and loaded Sandor onto his wagon. To both your surprise, Sandor didn't die. When you arrived at the sept, the septon who you now knew as Brother Ray, helped you tend to Sandor's wounds. Eventually, Sandor was strong enough to not have constant supervision and soon after that, he was up and moving. He walked with a limp, but that didn't matter. He was alive.

"I know you didn't die. I prayed I would not be so unlucky in every aspect of my life," you muttered. Sandor chuckled softly, trying not to wake everyone sleeping around you. "Unlucky? Woman, do ya know why I married ya?" he asked and you quirked a brow. "I had hoped it was because you love me." Another laugh. "Aye that, but that isn't all. I married ya because ya 've done nothin' but bring me luck since the moment I met ya. No doubt I would have died if ya hadn't been there. And even if I hadn't, I would be just as miserable and brutal as I was before I married ya. Yer my good luck charm."

The words he was saying brought tears to your eyes. Sandor didn't talk much, but when it was just the two of you, he always knew what to say. "I love you, Sandor Clegane." With you in his arms, Sandor laid back down. "I love ya too, Y/N Clegane."

�!tҙ^u