Chapter 177 - Night Away

"Sweetheart, it's just for one night." My mom said, putting her hand on my shoulder, "we'll leave at 3:00 today, and be home by 5:00 tomorrow."

"My parents have Sebastian, you just need to make yourself dinner tonight, and lunch tomorrow." Lin explained, "I'll have my dad come and check on you tonight."

"It's fine!" I said, reassuring them, "I'll be great, I'll watch a movie or something."

"Okay, we can Skype you tonight too, if you want." Vanessa offered.

"Sure." I smiled, realizing they were more upset about this, and nervous about me than I was.

"Awesome, our flight leaves in an hour, we'll see you tomorrow Peanut." My dad bent over to give me a tight hug, "stay safe."

"Dad, I'll be okay!" I said, returning his tight hug.

"We'll miss you." My mom kissed my hair, and quickly hugged me. "Don't go anywhere, it's safest just to stay here, I picked up extra groceries, some of those, dried fruit things you like, what it is with my children and dried fruit I do not know," she sighed, "there's coconut water in the fridge." She stopped listing and smiled at me, "I love you darling."

"I love you too, Mom." I said, and she took my hand and gently squeezed it.

"Love you Peanut." My dad side hugged me, and kissed my temple, "c'mon V, let's go." He took his wife's hand, and led her over to the door. "Have fun little one." He waved a little.

"Bye. I love you." I smiled, awkwardly standing in my living room.

•••

After my parents left, I crashed, I was so tired, I couldn't stop yawning for a solid three days. I ended up waking up feeling dry mouthed at around 5:30 that evening. I picked my phone up to check it and I saw a couple notifications.

Dad:
We just landed! You doing okay?
Sent: 5:00

Mom:
There's spaghetti in the pantry...
Sent: 5:02

@Lin_Manuel tweeted;
@Lin_Manuel - @VAMNit and I just landed in Virginia... Disembarking the Twitter plane as well. See you all tomorrow!

Dad:
Your abuelo should be over to check on you in an hour or so.
Sent: 5:17

Dad:
Mija, are you sleeping? If not, reply, and make sure you feed Tobi!
Sent: 5:25

I rubbed my eyes a little, and started to reply to my parents on our three person group chat

Mija:
I'm sorry. I was napping. Have fun. I'll feed the Pupper

Mom:
Oh! That's fine! We're enjoying ourselves.

Dad:
Is Pupper a new internet word?

Mom:
No.

Dad:
Yes it is. I know it is. Thank you Peanut.

Mom:
Mija, don't encourage him.

I smiled a little, then turned my phone off. I laid in bed for a little while, then my stomach started churning and I shot out of bed, and rushed into the bathroom, I threw up a ton of food, then sunk down, curling my legs under me, on the bathroom floor, I let my head rest on the edge of the seat, and then I puked again, holding onto the seat lightly.