Part 7: Stanley, is that you?

Hello my lovelies! How is everyone? Sorry for the delay in writing; I got a bit preoccupied. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!! Xxx

I threw my keys onto the counter and put my bag on the stool under the bench. Mason walked straight to his room as I walked over to the couch and curled in a ball cautiously watching him as he opened his door.

I watched him as he shook off his leather jacket and pulled his dark khaki t-shirt over the top of his head.

His body flexed and I watched the muscles in his arms strain as he did so. For the first time, I noticed the black tattoo on his rib cage. The black ink stained his skin in beautifully cursive writing saying 'without those Sinners there would be no Saints' I tried to wrack my brain to think of what possible novel, movie, play, it could've come from but nothing came to mind. He looked up and I shot back behind the cover of the couch. He looked good. Really good. But I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of him knowing that.

He walked out in a tshirt and tracksuit pants, and plopped down on the couch next to me. His back was tense as he leaned his elbows on his knees.

"Mason?" I asked awkwardly in barely a whisper, pinching my lips between my fingers, unsure if I should continue on with my question.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Why were you so riled up before?" He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I just got caught talking to someone I didn't want to talk to. That's all." He said, leaning back and draping his arm over the couch.

I stood up to walk to the kitchen and make some lunch. When I walked back with two sandwiches, he was still on the couch only now he was wearing glasses and looking through a stack of paper.

I handed it to him and he thanked me, balancing the plate on the arm of the couch before tidying up his papers and dropping them on the ground with a swish.

I chuckled at the sight of him in his square frames, he still looked badass just a little nerdier... but still mind numbingly gorgeous. Shut up Ashley.

"Shut up, I hardly ever wear them." He said, looking down embarrassed. I jumped off the couch and jogged to my room, returning with my rectangle frames. When they hit the light they had a slight purple tone to them, but other than that they looked black.

He laughed when he saw me, standing up and walking over to take them off with his left hand and removing his with his right. He switched them so we were wearing each other's and I felt dizzy when I put them on.

"Short distance," he said, looking ultimately girly in my glasses.

"I'm long distance, everything is so blurry!" I laughed, blinking rapidly at the illusion the glasses were making me see and he joined before taking his glasses back.

"Why don't you wear them?" I asked, gathering my notebook and pencil case before sitting on the floor beside the couch and working off the coffee table.

"Because your reaction is the same one I get every time someone sees." He whined causing me to chuckle and shake my head.
Tucking my knees under my chest I began to eat my sandwich, still thinking about his tattoo and whether I'd seen it before in a movie.

We ate in silence for a decent amount of time before he broke the awkwardness.

He mumbled something through a mouth full of food and I stared at him.

"What?" I asked, he didn't actually expect me to understand that did he?

"Distracting you, am I?" He asked with a smirk as I realised that I'd been staring at him holding half of my sandwich at my lips, distracted as he'd said.