Family day

It had been two months since the tragedy and sonic had gotten much better and he became four months old.
Manic had began training with shadow so that he could protect sonic more. Manic finished training one day when he decided something. "Daddy? Could we go to the park? Sonic may like it and me Sonia would definitely." Shadow decided that a family day could be nice so he took manic inside and got manic dressed for the park. Shadow gave sonic am fresh diaper and a hug. Rouge dressed Sonia and they all got into the car.

They arrived and shadow put sonic down and watched him quickly crawl to the sandbox. Sonic immedietly began to build a sand castle. Soon the there little kids from before came over and once again they tore apart his sand castle. Manic ran over and kicked sand in their faces and began to take sonic off somewhere to play.
Shadow smiled knowing that manic was their to take care of sonic. Manic carefully put sonic in the swing and began to push him. Sonic laughed and enjoyed the motion.

The parents came over to see their kids crying with sand in their face. They looked over to see manic playing with sonic and they began to yell at him. "You need to stop playing with this brat and play with our kids and treat them kindly." Manic stood up and pushed the man and said, "that's my baby brother!" The man got  mad grabbed manic very forcefully by the arm. "That stupid brat doesn't deserve life! Come be useful and and-" Shadow punched the man very forcefully breaking his jaw. "Don't touch my kids ever again!" Shadow picked up sonic and manic.

After that the parents didn't bother shadow or his family. It went well and soon the went home to see something horrible. "Surprise!" Egg man knocked shadow down and grabbed sonic. "What you did to me was unacceptable, now you suffer!" Egg man injected the chemical sonic was allergic to into sonic. Sonic began gasping for air and his face turned red. He violently kicked squirmed and flailed his arms around. "Sonic!" Sonic Began to stop breathing and his eyes started close. "Dada..." Was his last word he managed to make out. Shadow screamed at egg man. He ran over and impaled egg man with a chaos spear and then punched egg man until he was dead.  Sonic lay limp on the ground taking a tiny little breath every six seconds.

Shadow knew sonic was going to die unless... Shadow ran and whispered something into rouges ear, she looked at him not sure then at sonic and then nodded. Shadow put his hand on Sonic's chest and a green aura appeared around him. Then like magic he disappeared. Rouge then fell forward a bit. "Mama?" Manic said in a scared voice after watching his little brother die and then disappear. Sonia was also crying because she missed sonic already.

Rouge sat down and touched her stomach. "He will be born again then? I'll be his mother? His true mother?" Shadow nodded and smiled knowing sonic would be his son after all. Rouge then rubbed her belly and she fell asleep on the couch. Manic and Sonia kept asking when sonic would return but shadow would tell them eventually.

Nine months passed and rouge was at the hospital ready to give birth. Manic once again asked about sonic. "He's coming, today, in a bit." Manic smiled knowing he would see his brother again. He then ran off to play with Sonia. Hours passed until finally the doctor came and got shadow. Shadow went in to see rouge holding a baby blue hedgehog cub, it was sonic. "At last, he has returned to us." Shadow said with relief.

Shadow held the newly born cub in his hands. The cub slept peacefully in shadow's arms and he would constantly nuzzle shadow's chest. Shadow decided to show manic and Sonia so he called them over. "Yes daddy? Is that sonic? What is wrong with him? Why is he so little?" Manic asked concerned. "He was sick, I had to let him be reborn." Manic nodded not sure what shadow meant.

Sonic was so little, not even a day old and he was so attached to shadow and rouge now. He loved them both and he never wanted to leave them. Shadow would sit with sonic on his lap watching television then rouge took him and and sat with him on the porch. Shadow came out and sat with them. "He's ours, really ours."
Rouge said kinda sad. "What is it? Are you not happy with our baby?" Rouge shook her head. "Its not that.. Its just I only birthed sonic, I want to birth all our kids." Shadow nodded and then said "Well at least we have them right? So let's just be happy with that..."

Shadow disappeared and then something happened...

Shadow was in some hub, and there was a robed man looking at him with a smile on his face. "Hello, I am watchman I keep track of time, or as some say I record it." Shadow nodded and then asked in a confused manner, "Why did you bring me here? Do you want something from me?" The man laughed a bit. "How would you like to be the father of these children?" Sonic and manic and Sonia all appeared. "I already am."
Shadow said proudly. "No, the birth father, I can create a timeline where they are born your children, and I will do this because I see just how much you love them." Shadow nodded. "So then? Do you accept?" Shadow nodded again. "Then let it be known, you are their father." Just then a bright light blinded shadow and then he woke up in a bed next to rouge.