Chapter 12. Desperate Rage.

Scarlett.

"Where are we going?" I whispered in Timothy's arms as he carried me.
"Away from here." He whispered and kissed my forehead.
I smiled. I never liked showing my little brother, my pain. I always showed him my happiness instead of my darkness. He saw right through it. But never complained.
He was too scared to know about all the things I keep inside of me.
I was glad he never asked.
"Where will we go?" I ask him.
"Bali." He smiled brightly looking down at me.
My eyes twinkled.
"Really?" I whisper shout in excitement.
"Anything to see you this happy." He murmurs on my hair, leaving a kiss behind.
Our mother was born in Bali.
It was my dream to one day live there and experience their culture.
But most of all.
I was happy because I was finally getting out of that place we called 'home'.

I woke up with a smile on my face.
Momentarily I had completely forgotten about what happened after the community celebration.
I was felt too content. Too happy.
And I couldn't allow my past to ruin it for me.
I felt breathing on my neck, so I turned my head to find Rage's sleeping boyish frowning face.
He looked troubled even in his sleep.
Smoothing out his frown lines with my finger tips, I assessed my situation.
I was laying on top of him.
My back to his front.
While I was dressed in a white cotton camisole and lacey panties, he wore nothing but tight black sweatpants.
The warmth emitting from his bare chest, encircled around me in means of comfort and protection.
His strong arms wrapped around my abdomen, while the top of my body was sprawled over his chest and my face tucked into his long neck and broad shoulders, with my legs cocooned in between his.
I turned so I could lay on my side, trying not to wake him up.

He took care of me last night.
I wondered how is he still, here?
Can't he clearly see how crazy messed up I am?

I forgot the counts of the many times I woke up screaming and he was still there holding me to him, while cooing soothing protective words in my ear and massaging my body into his.
I kept him awake the whole night.
His gaze never left me when he promised.
"I will be here everytime you wake up. Looking after you. Protecting you."

I slept knowing he will keep me safe.
He kept his promise.

When I had an anxiety attack. He carried me in his arms to his huge quarters.
The rooms like it belongs to a king.
He sure is one.

He took us into shower and washed off the blood on our bodies while all I did was scream and scratch at him when he touched me.
When he kissed me.
Thats when the world stopped for me.
He took my first kiss.
And everytime he kissed me last night. It felt like the very first.
The tingling warm sensation. The desperation of being touched by him. The feel of his rough lips against my soft ones and most of all. His arms holding me to tight to his body as if he will never let go.
And he didn't.

I wasn't even ashamed of him seeing my naked body when he took off our clothes.
I knew he was not going to do anything I didn't like.
I felt safe. I trusted him.
The fact that he managed to handle me in my worse didn't go unnoticed by him.
And I gave him what I never gave anyone.
The right to take care of me.

Never once did his gaze linger onto my naked self in a manner of lust.
He scrubbed and soaped us clean.

After that I don't remember much.
All I know is I slept leaning against his body when he cleaned me up.

Slowly, unwrapping his arms from my waist, I slid off the bed and my feet touched the soft carpeted floor.
His bed was HUGE. Twice the size of a normal king size bed. High canopies with white lace curtains.
It was perfect.
There was a huge balcony near his arm chair and a small coffee table with chairs.
I stood there watching the country side, enveloped in misty rain and the relaxing scent of earth.
Pulling the curtains I let the cool air wash over me.

Smiling in content, I looked for the bathroom.
Having no common sense last night, I didn't which door held the bathroom.
I opened a door to the walk in closet.
And just like the huge bedroom, you could practically fit my own bedroom inside this closet and still have some room for a dining table.
The size did not mesmerise me as much as the feminine clothing inside this closet, did.
While one side held, Rage's expensive suits and clothes. The opposite side held expensive dresses, jeans, tops, and whatnot.
When I looked over them, I found them all to be my perfect size.
He stocked his walk in closet with clothes for me?

I smiled at the sweet gesture and took out a pair of cute pink and black colour plaided pajama shorts.
Putting them on, I gave one longing glance at the beautiful clothes meant for me, and walked out.
Finally managing to find the bathroom, I did my morning routine.
There was another door right across the end of the bedroom.
Not being a sneaky person, I didn't go looking inside it.
Instead I shuffled over to the bed, Rage slept in.
Feeling a needy warmth envelope me, I took the same position I did when I woke up.
Right on top of him, my middle snuggled in between his legs with my arms wrapped around his waist. I left a butterfly kiss on his neck and closed my eyes.
His arms snaked around me holding me tight against him.
He mumbled something and I slept peacefully again.

When I woke up again, it was already afternoon.
I panicked when I didn't find Rage underneath me.
Panting, I got up from the bed and looked all around his bedroom calling his name in pleads.
He wasn't there in his walk in closet. Neither was he inside his bathroom. The third door which I realised is his home office, was empty too.

Feeling the fear creep up my spine, I choked on my cries.
"Rage" I wailed calling for him.
He was no where.
Running out of his bedroom, I realised the whole floor was his bedroom.
Running towards the staircase, I started sobbing.
I didn't like being alone in this big house.
"Rage" I screamed.
Something thuds on the floor below with a loud crash.
Panicking I took a step back.
"No. no...." I chanted, crying when I hear running footsteps and someone climbing up the stairs.
"Scar." I hear Rage shout in panic.
Realising its him, I run towards the staircase and find him there. He is climbing towards me with panic and fear evident in his dark eyes.
I throw myself in his arms and sobbed on his neck.
"Where were you? I looked for you everywhere. I was so....scared." I sobbed.
"I am so sorry, baby. I was making some breakfast for us. I didn't realise you will wake up as soon as I left the bedroom." He sighed and rubbed his strong hands up and down my back.
"Don't leave me alone, like that." I shouted hitting him on his chest.
He chuckles and kisses my forehead.
"Never baby." He said lovingly and wrapped his arms around me again.
****

After feeding me breakfast in bed, I asked him to take me home so I could finish up on some assignments.
He reluctantly agreed, as he had work to sort through too.

It was really late that night, when I felt Rage's drunken slurs, as he slipped into my bed, cuddling to me.
I let him. I was too sleepy to question his drunken stupor.

I woke up to Rage pecking my face with his rough lips.
"Staaahhhpppp" I whined. He was disturbing my sleep. I turned my back on him away from his face.
Its when I hear his chuckle that I did wake up.
I loved hearing him chuckle.
"Good morning, Baby." He whispered, huskily in his thick sleepy voice. I turn to him again and face his reddened sad eyes.
"What happened to you?" I asked frowning. He looked so....sad.
"Nothing." He smiled.
I frowned at him again.
He brings his lips on mine and held me tight to him.
"Rage. What happened to you? Is something wrong?" I asked, worried.
His moments go still.
I cradle his face in between my hands and make him face me again. But he does not meets my eyes.
I didn't understand the unshed tears in his eyes. Just a day ago, he looked indestructible. And now...he almost. He almost looked desperate.
"You are marrying me today whether you like it or not." There is that dark gleam in his eyes that makes him look ruthless. He switches it on within a blink of an eye.
Taking my stiff left hand in his, he slides off a platinum ring with tiny black stones in the middle from his little finger.
I realised what he was trying to do and took my hand from his grasp.
Gripping my waist he held me against him in rage.
"Don't you dare, pull away." He hissed in my face.
I don't know how. But he slid the ring on to my third finger and pushed me on my back.
Straddling me. He slams his lips on mine. His weight crushing me into the mattress, disabling me from fighting back.
"You will no longer be Scarlett Francis. By the end of the day. You will be Scarlett Rage Díaz." He whispered darkly.