CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

"I fucking hate you." Jessie spat.

"Yeah, I know." I replied, not really in the mood to pay attention to the fact that her words hurt me a little.

"Oh really?" she laughed. It was a sarcastic laugh, as if she was mocking me and my shame.

"Yeah, its quite fucking obvious." I said.

"What about Brooke?" She asked. I looked at her, utterly confused as to why she was talking about Brooke.

"What do you mean, 'what about Brooke'?" I said, my fist tightening.

"Do you know she hates you?" Jessie asked with a smirk. What the actual fuck is this bitch talking about? My eyes widened and my heart dropped. I stood there, motionless. We both looked at each other, and I could tell she knew she had startled me beyond extent.

"You're fucking crazy." I spat, biting my lower lip before I could say anything else extremely mean. Jessie let out another empty laugh.

"I may seem crazy now," She said quietly. "But it'll happen. Give it time." We both fell silent again, and I looked down to the floor. I wasn't able to cmprehend what she meant, or what I should say back.

"I didn't do anything!" I finally yelled. I looked back up my eyes meeting hers and  my voice cracking with tears. "And I'm not going to do anything to Brooke, so just shut up, please."

"Aww, poor 'Ash'," She replied. She seemed to really enjoy this verbal torture. "The day will come, soon enough. She'll realize that you're disgusting and she never loved you...Sound familiar?"

"What..do y-you mean?" I asked. I could feel the tears coming to the front of my eyes, but I forced them back. Her words stung me like a thousand bees. "...she never loved you." I don't know what she meant by that, but it made my heart shatter into a million pieces. I stared at her and her broken smile. She reminds me of how my father used to be. Happily depressed, with the satisfaction of breaking whatever person stood infront of them. I knew exactly what she was talking about, but I couldn't seem to find the words to say anything back to her.

"Leave us alone." I growled.

"Us? Really, Ashton?" Jessie retorted. She let out another mocking chuckle. "I can't wait for the day that 'us' will just turn into 'you'...and you will both be at rock bottom. Just like your mom-"

My eyes shot open and a muffled gasp escaped my open mouth. I was surrounded by darkness, and I had absolutely no idea where the fuck I was. I sat up, and I was in someone's bed. I sat there, motionless, trying to figure out where I am right now. I was panting and my arms were shaking as they propped my sweaty body up. I ran my hand through my hair and almost instantly, I remembered what I had done last night, and the fact I was in Michael's house. My eyes widened as I remembered I had fallen asleep next to Brooke. I whipped my head to look beside me, and relief flooded over my body as I saw Brooke right next to me, sound asleep. She looked so peaceful and beautiful, her long dark hair draping over her bare back. I sat back down onto my forearms, letting out a tried and relieved sigh. "Brooke?" I whispered for some reason. Her body twitched and I could tell she was asleep. I settled back down, my body against hers. I kissed her temple softly, and closed my eyes once again.

*Brooke's POV*

My eyes slowly opened to the shine of a soft sun shone through the cracked blinds. I was about to wonder as to where the hell I was, but memories from last night flooded back into my mind. The milkshakes, the naming ceremony of Ashton's band, the drugs I had taken in. I didn't seem to feel as awful and guitly as I thought I would have..In fact, I was quite relaxed at this moment, my tired eyes glued to the wall next to the bed.