Year 6- Chapter 19 (Kane's POV)

We all make our way into the grand ballroom, and my eyes catch on the beautiful tapestries that adorn the walls; the looming statues that seem to watch us as we walk further into the mass of people. My resentment for the Government Leader and his posh life festers deep inside of me.

I watch as Charlie and the rest of my men spread out into the crowd, trying their hardest to blend in. I step closer to Felisha, making sure to keep an eye on her. This was her plan, and in order for it to be successful, one of us needs to be with her at all times.

"Would you like to dance?" I ask, chuckling at the surprised look that captures her features.

"I'm not sure," She says, and even though it is Lady Paula talking, I can hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"Oh come on," I say, keeping the mood light, "it's a simple waltz." Felisha stands up slowly, and I notice the slight trembling in her fingers, the unsure look in her eyes.

I grab Felisha's hand and lead her out onto the ballroom floor. She smiles, but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. I can almost see the gears turning in her mind, attempting to remember how to complete the waltz.

I take Felisha's hand in mine, resting my other hand on the small of her back, and I feel her fidget under my touch. She brings her hand up to my shoulder, and we slowly begin to dance, moving side to side. Felisha appears to be deep in thought, so instead of trying to start up a conversation, I just keep up the waltz. We suddenly reach the climax of the song, and Felisha wraps her arms around my neck, resting her head on my chest. We sway to the song, our bodies moving as one. I tighten my grip on her waist, and we continue to move to the soft notes creeping out onto the dance floor.

Suddenly, Felisha's hand shifts from my shoulder up to my neck, her fingers brushing over my UCP. My breath catches in my throat, and suddenly everything becomes crystal clear. I lower my head even closer to hers, letting my nose rest against her ear. I bring my hand that had been clasped to hers up to her neck, rubbing the skin in a caress before letting it sit just below her UCP. I can feel Felisha's erratic heartbeat against my chest.

"I wouldn't do that Felisha," I say, my voice lower than normal. I feel Felisha stiffen, and her fingers slip down to the skin just below my UCP. I too move my hand, and bring it back down to her waist. We dance some more, biding our time until the song ends, but the connection isn't the same. Everything feels tense and uncomfortable.

The second the song ends, I grab Felisha's hand and drag her off of the dance floor. Servers come toward us, offering us champagne from their silver platters, but we don't stop. I turn a corner, leading us into a dimly lit hallway. I see only two other people, and decide that this is as good a place as any to talk.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was your plan all along," I say, letting my fingers run through my perfectly gelled hair. "To turn me in? To make sure that the Feds saw me?"

I know I've hit a nerve when Felisha's face glows pink, and guilt washes over her features.

"I was just dancing," She says, but there's not much power behind the statement. It is just an excuse she is using in hopes of downplaying her actions.

"Don't even joke like that," I say, clenching my jaw. "How long have you been planning this? After all my men and I have done for you... you better have a good explanation."

Lady Paula's eyes grow wide, and she clears her throat.

"I've been planning it since the day we met. That day, I saw the News pop up on my LR-5. They were talking about how much money they were willing to give for any information they could get about you. It made me wonder: How much would they offer someone who brought Kane straight to them?" She takes a deep, shaky breath, and I notice the shakiness in her voice as she continues. "So, I decided to find you. I never expected you guys would find me. Why did I decided to do this? It was simple in my mind. Take you and your men to the Government, ask to live with my family again, hopefully they'd give me what I wanted."

My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts, but despite all of my anger, I can't bring myself to hold a grudge against her for doing something that I myself would have done in her shoes.

"You're lucky I understand what it means to miss family," I say, surprised at the swell of emotion lodged in my chest. "But you listen to my," I say, my voice having regained its edge. "If you ever so much as think of turning on us, I'll tell the others. And once you're in their hands, there's nothing I can do to protect you. They don't appreciate traitors, and neither do I."

I begin to walk away, but not before noticing the terror in Felisha's eyes.

I decided to give Felisha some space, not sure how she would take my threat. From where I am sitting, I can see her assessing a small glass of champagne. Suddenly, a man comes behind her, and they bump into each other. I stand, and begin to make my way through the throng of people around me. I trust Paul's UCPs, but that doesn't mean I trust what someone may do upon seeing the glamorous appearance it conveys.

As I approach, I hear the man, who is now standing next to a woman who I can only assume is his wife, asking Lady Paula if she can take them to the Year Movement's Leader. A chill runs across my skin, and I pick up my speed.

"I honestly don't know a lot about the Year Movement's Leader," Felisha says, and I notice the disappointment on the older woman's face.

"It wouldn't matter anyway," I say, coming up behind Felisha. "The Leader is dead."

The woman shakes her head frantically. "I know that isn't true. The Government lied. THey said he dies, but I guarantee he is alive and well."

A thrill runs across my heart, but I keep my tone defiant. "No ma'am, I assure you, Kane Porter is dead, lying under a pile of rubble in a back alleyway."

A/N~ I hope you guys are as excited about this book as I am. Leave requests below of either:

1.) Your favorite scenes from Year 6 (rewritten as Kane's POV)

2.) Or a oneshot of your choice (written as either Kane or Felisha's POV)