Tw.ty Seven

" Are you sure he's going to be okay? " my mother asked, feeling my head for the hundreth time today.

" I'm sure. Candice and Brandon are coming over to stay with me. " I told her, groggily. I was starting to lose my voice.

" I was really hoping that you could come. Drew and I won't be able to finess dad without you. " Tia said, laughing. I laughed, coughing roughly.

" Please, don't make me laugh. " I turned away from her.

" Alright, baby, we're gone. " my mother kissed my forehead.

" And I'll send Sean through here to check on you, and make sure that you take your medicine. " my father drilled me, kissing my forehead as well.

" It'll be boring without you. " Drew pouted as they walked out of the room, Candice and Brandon walking past them.

" That's what your ass get for bragging, now you're stuck in the house. " Candice sassed, flopping down on my bed.

" I'm just glad to be away from home. Don't worry, I will not be near your contagious ass. " Breezy laughed.

" Fuck both of y'all. " I rolled me eyes, turning over in my bed. " Kick rocks, I'm going to sleep. "

I slowly drifted off, and two hours later, woke up to the smell of something cooking. It couldn't have been Brandon or Candice, neither one of them could cook well enough. I walked into the kitchen, rolling my eyes as Sean stood there.

" To be so sick, you still catch a mean attitude. " he smiled.

" I just cannot shake your ass, can I? " I joked.

" I don't see why you would want to. " he shrugged his shoulders, cockily. " But I'm making ny mothers famous baked potato soup. It always makes me feel better when I'm sick, so I decided to help you out. "

" I'll say thank you when I taste it. "

" Fair. " he nodded.

There was a knock on the door, and I walked over to it, opening it. I expected to see Candice or Brandon, but I got another person.

" What are you doing out of bed? " he panicked, pushing past me.

" The most important question is what are you doing here? Don't you have a Christmas jamboree to attend? "

" I was passing through, and I decided to come and check on you. " he looked over to Sean. " Who is that? "

" That's Sean, he works for my father. " I shook my head, trying to shake the headache that I was starting to get.

" Wassup? " he nodded towards the kitchen, walking me back to my room. " Your parents left? "

" Yeah, not too long ago. " he tucked me under the covers. He walked into my bathroom, grabbing the bottle of alcohol.

" You tryna' light me on fire? " I joked, coughing hard.

" Learn when to shut up, and this is going to help break your fever. " he chuckled.

" Oooo, hey Joseph? " Candice eyed Jay, twisting into the room.

" Tre, who is that in the kitchen? " Brandon asked, taking his jacket off.

" Someone who works for my dad. " I winced at the intense pain in my head. " Fucking sinuses. "

" Here you go, bud. " Sean said, walking into the room with a bowl of the soup. He sat it down on my lap, carefully. " It's more in there, if anybody else wants some. "

" Only if you feed it to me. " Candice batted her eyes. I wanted to laugh so bad, but I couldn't.

" Anyways, I'm heading out. I'll lock up, and make sure that everything is tidy before I go. I'll probably be back later. " he told me and I nodded as he exited the room.

" I don't like him. " Jay stated, immediately.

" I said the same thing, but once you get to know him, he's cool. " I defended him, stirring the soup.

" It's just the vibe he gives me, I know he's up to something. " I was still trying to figure out the right time to tell my father what I heard that day.

" Well the vibe I'm getting is in my gut. " Candice moaned. The boys hated when she talked like that, because it was almost like a specific code that only a few of us understood.

" I don't think it's that long. " I spooned a mouthful of the soup, thanking the heavens.

" See, this is why I hate hanging with y'all. Dick, dick, dick, is always the subject. " Breezy complained.

" That's Candice nasty ass. " I replied.

" I can be a hoe, Im single. You on the other hand? You got all the hoes. "