Chapter Three | Shower of Jesus

If there's one thing that sucks about being a werewolf, it's the healing loophole. By this I mean that just because our wounds heal at alarming speeds and we have the ability to heal from the most outrageous of injuries, we still feel all of the pain. Honestly, I think the entire healing process just adds more pain.

Sure, had I not been able to heal from my snapped neck, I would be dead, but it feels like there's a knife in the side of my neck. So, am I really winning?

Another thing that sucks is that our heightened senses never fail to pick up on the littlest things. For example: the orgasm-inducing, cologne-man's scent was literally cocooning me in this exact moment, and I knew it immediately. Maybe I wasn't alive? Maybe this is the scent of Heaven—but I'm in pain, so maybe Hell?

"Oh, momma," I groaned trying to raise my top half from the bed. This ultimately resulted in a sharp pain searing through my neck leading into my torso and head. I gritted my teeth as I pushed myself up again. Pain resonated throughout my body as a strangled cry left my lips. I forced my body to sit up right before making the brave decision of cracking my neck. The loudest crack I'm positive that I had ever head rang out. For a second, I genuinely believed that I managed to rebreak my neck. Fortunately, I did not. The bones in my neck and parts of my spine realigned themselves into their correct positions making the massive pain in my neck cut to about a fourth of what it had been.

"Holy man," I mumbled allowing my eyes to scan the very unfamiliar room around me. "This was not supposed to happen."

I wasn't an idiot contrary of what it may seem. Things just normally don't go the way I want them to, so in a way I'm not the one wrong. The universe is. If the universe would just work with me once in a while, I wouldn't have all of these minor problems.

I did know that cologne-dude was my mate. That was a given. I came to that conclusion when he barged into my almost one night stand and attempted murder. Although, I still can't wrap my head around why snapping my neck was so easy for him.

I'm his mate! It's rude! What a prick.

I swung my legs off of the very large, king-sized bed that I am one-hundred percent sure was not the bed from the motel. I used my arms to push myself up from the bed into a standing position which I immediately regretted. A muscle in my neck decided to be a spaz. It tensed up causing pain to skyrocket down my spine. My legs turned to jello, and my body fell to the ground in a heap with a squeak shooting out from my mouth.

I was laying face down on the floor behind the bed. I heard the opening of a door from the other side causing me to turn my head with a wince. The door shut followed by the sounds of cautious foot steps. From my angle, I could see a pair of dark-brown boots which I assumed were leather making their way around the bed over to me. The boots rounded the bed until I was no longer staring at them from under the bed, but instead they were right in front of me.

"Am I in Hell?" I asked staring at the scuffed up boots that had stopped just inches in front of my face. My neck was obviously not ready to murder anyone at the moment. I think if I even tried standing up, I would just collapse again. A slight chuckle sounded at my question catching my attention. "Mr. Tall, Blonde, and Handsome?" I questioned slowly craning my neck upward against its many protests to look at the owner of the boots.

I was not an all surprised to know that I was indeed correct. His fluorescent green eyes connected with my blue ones with a smirk playing on his lips. His dirty blonde hair was similar to what it had been like what I'm assuming was last night, but who knows. I could be dead wrong. His hair was just a bit messier now. Not saying it wasn't messy at one point of the night yesterday, but it wasn't for a good portion of the time.