012

[my stupid self switched up the lyrics from last chapter and the one below. the one below was supposed to be the lyrics for last chapter and vise-versa, but oh well.]

"one last breath till the tears start to wither."

→←

Journal Entry #529

brave girl, you were made for far more beautiful things. chaos is only understood when it is loved by the wild, not the weak.

 →←

"Dakota, are you okay? You've been acting weird ever since I mentioned the rope swing at the river." Soda furrowed his eyebrows at me as us, along with the gang, started walking towards the river.

I shot him an assuring smile and shook my head, turning my attention back towards the ground. "It's nothing."

He smirked at me. "What? You afraid of heights?"

I would've laughed, but instead I just simply shook my head. "No, it's nothing. You wouldn't understand. Well, you may, but I don't feel like explaining it."

He kept his concerning gaze on me, a million questions probably running through his mind. He didn't say a word to me the whole way there after that and the only sound heard was Two-Bit hooting and hollering, trying to wake up people sleeping.

Once we arrived, the chilling wind found its way across my skin, making goosebumps travel all across my body. I shivered and my teeth started chattering, along with Ponyboy and Johnny's. Two-Bit slapped me on the back playfully, making me go forward into Soda.

"Oh, you're a bunch of little babies! Don't be afraid of a little cold!"

After I pushed myself off of Soda, I growled and spun around towards Two-Bit. I felt a sudden irritation towards everyone and I realized it was a bad idea that I came. Coming here and going on the rope swing brings back painful memories.

Memories that I don't want to explain to anyone.

"I'm not afraid of the cold, I'm just freezing because it's fall and you idiots want to jump in freezing water!" I shouted, my voice shaking each time it got louder.

Dallas shook his head. "What'd I tell ya? Soc's never change. She's still a bitc-"

"Finish that sentence and I won't hesitate to slice your neck, bastard." I snapped, pushing him so he fell into the ice cold water.

Everyone started giggling, trying to stifle a laugh once Dallas came out soak and wet. He shot me a death glare and I shot one back, turning on my heels and walking back towards my house.

"Dakota! Dakota!" Soda kept yelling for me, but I ignored him and continued to walk away, tears falling down my face. It was so cold, the tears might as well have been frozen on my pale face.

A pair of hands landed on my shoulders and spun me around towards them. I glanced up and found Soda staring at me intently, his breath coming out in a white cloud. "What's wrong, Dakota? Tell me."