Flashback!

Skylar POV

I was happy to find Ethan's favorite shoes.

After one hour of searching for them at the mall I found them.

I bought them for his birthday and I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

I was wearing my favorite red dress paired with some black heels, and in a hurry I put minimum makeup.

As soon as I found the shoes, I hurried to the cash register and bought them.

I ran back to the black car waiting for me in the parking lot.

Smiling at George as he opened the door.

George is my personal chauffeur.

After a few minutes of driving and passing the traffic zone, I see the familiar streets that surround my husband's company.

I didn't wait for George to come to a complete stop. I rushed out and I ran inside the building in less than a few minutes. Today was Sunday, so it was quiet and peaceful inside the office. Not many workers had come today.

As I passed by the halls each worker greets me except for some girls who had once shown an interest in Ethan. I pay no mind to them because their only goal is to make me mad.

After pressing the button for the elevator to go up to the 15th floor, I step out and make my way around the offices. I was feeling a bad vibe, but I brushed it off. I glance around noticing that no one was working on this floor.

Weird.

Usually Julian greets me or Lizzy, my friends that work on this floor.

Soon I was outside the office door of my husband. My hands were sweating as I brush my hair out of the way getting ready to surprise him. I counted in my head and tried to relax.

I breathe in air and swung the door open, screaming 'SURPRISE'.

Just as my eyes made contact with his black sofa I dropped the shoes I was holding staring wide eyed at the scene in front of me.

No! This can't be happening! No please.

My breathing started to become heavy, I was so close to letting my tears fall, but I controlled myself. I felt myself freeze on the spot and my heart wouldn't stop beating. Just as I was about to make a run for it, Ethan jumped up from the sofa causing the girl to squeal and drop to the floor.

My heart shattered at that moment and I wanted to gag at the scene in front of me.

"Baby! Why did you push me!" She screamed. She was fully naked and Ethan was standing next to her, holding a blanket to his private part. He looked confuse, scared, and sick. He looked up and made eye contact with me then with the girl. I thought he was working, what a fool I was to believe in him.

"Sky! Love! It's not what it looks like!" I glared at him and then at the girl who had a sly grin on her face.

This bitch really had the nerve to look at my man with lustful eyes, well ex-husband now.

"Ethan, baby. You were so rough last night you forgot to text your wife!" I wanted to kill her in that moment, but I wouldn't stick that low. I gave her my meanest glare and she cowardly looked away.

"I don't even know you! How did you get here! What did you do to me! I don't remember anything..." He yelled. He was looking around for his clothes, when I notice them lying across his entire office. The girl reached for his shirt and that was the last straw of my patience.

"Get the fuck out of my office!" He yelled at her and the woman on the ground slowly got up, she flinch as Ethan pushed her towards the door that I was blocking.

"Don't, stay! I'm the one leaving!" I screamed and walked away, just as I was about to close the door I turned around and faced his confused face again for the last time.

"I'll send you the divorce papers tomorrow!" I look at the girl then at Ethan. 

"—hope you live happily with this b*tch."

I walked away, tears running down my face. Ethan kept screaming my name but I ignored him. Employees kept staring and giving me confused looks, I held my head high ignoring their stares. I call George as I left the building, I waited at the curve of the road and sat down on a bench, memories of Ethan and me crossing my mind.

Was I not good enough? Am I doing the wrong thing by leaving him? Did I do something wrong? Why did he do this to me? Was I the only one happy?

I had a huge headache by the time George arrived, getting inside the car I buckle in and glance at George.

"Take me to the airport. I don't want to be here, tell my assistant to get tickets to Florida. We are leaving right now." I say without giving one last glance towards the Anderson Company.

********