CXXXV - Pinot Noir

Hey broskis

You should totally check out my new story on my new account made specifically for original stories :3 

It's called Centenary and you can find it on fxrgetthewxrld

Thankies byeeeeeee

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Thirty-Five

Elijah went to go and compel the owners of a catering business down the street to get some food for the dinner party, while I stayed to help Klaus find his suit and for him to help me pick out a dress. But eventually I ended up not looking at all, got bored and was soon just laying his bed and reading one of the many art books he had lying around.

"Where the bloody hell is it?!" he shouted from inside his closet.

"How about you just get a new one?" I called to him while looking over photos of Rembrandt's works.

"We don't have time for that!" he groaned.

I sighed and threw the book to the side. "Maybe you just need a pair of fresh eyes."

And of course, I found it in less than thirty seconds.

I turned back to see Klaus leaning against the doorframe of the closet, a glass of bourbon in his hand. He moved the glass in circles and watched the bourbon swirl, seeming like he was in a trance.

I frowned at him. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He blinked in surprise, then looked up a me and frowned. "The fate of my family lies in a psychotic woman with the mind of a child, an egotistical lunatic, and a mischievous little devil of a man that once referred to himself as a phoenix. What exactly isn't wrong about this?" he sighed.

I frowned back at him, and went to stand beside him. "You're not the type to get emotional about this type of thing."

"Elijah was right, you know," he muttered, staring down at the glass again. "I am the one who brought this on. All of our enemies have arisen now because I am the one who made them, and because their hatred of me outweighs anything else."

I didn't want to lie to him. So I told him exactly what I thought. "Klaus, you are right, you are the one who created them. But it is their choice to hold onto their hatred or to let it go."

He smiled a little at me. "Thank you, Rose."

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, smiling. "We're the best of friends, and we're two overly emotional hybrids. If the two of us can be friends, we can make it through anything."

He snickered. "Except one of Elijah's lectures. Those are a living hell."

The room was filled with our laughter. I loved moments like these.

I just had no idea just what kind of moments would follow later on.

*

"I really do wish that we didn't have to invite Tristan de Martel," I said, frowning a little while I attempted at doing up the oddly complicated necklace that Freya had given me.