Under the sea

"WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME." You hear several voices say at once as you enter a market. Then mumbling from Karamatsu who follows suit behind you.

"Is this. I-is this a date?!" he mumbles out loud.

You roll your eyes and sigh. What have you gotten yourself into? Matsuyo will probably assume things if you go home with Karamatsu.

But first you should concern about which brand of rice? Sakuya or the fancy ivory rice. Ah! There are so many brands of rice!

Is this heaven?

Just kidding. You pick the Ivory brand and lug it into the cart. You glance at Karamatsu who is scratching his cheek with his finger. Who does that?

"We only like the Sakuya brand," Karamatsu says glancing at you.

Ugh. Now he says what he wants.

"Only Todomatsu likes Ivory brand."

"Well if you want the Sakuya brand can you please help me grab it?" You smile politely.

God. He should've said something earlier. Your back is numb.

You look at Karamatsu who seems to be struggling. Are you serious? Please say that he's joking.

Please.

Please.

Please.

He lifts it up with ease. He was joking. That's great. He drops it and there's a tear at the corner.

Hahaha. Great.

After buying the Ivory brand of rice along with some nori, you were forced to watch Karamatsu pick up individual grains of rice (even though there was a broom nearby), and now you're finally ready to go off to buy some fish.

"Why didn't you help me?" Karamatsu asks carrying the bag of rice over his shoulder.

"It was your mess. You should help yourself sometimes." You smile as he puffs up his chest.

"Anything to make my girls smile," he says arrogantly. What an asshole.

At least you got some help with the groceries.

"Karamatsu-" Before you can ask anything Karamatsu cuts you off.

"Call me Kara." He winks and you can't help but roll your eyes.

(Name) will remember that.

"Karamatsu. Do you know any fish markets around here?" you ask trying to be polite.

Kara seems offended by his full name. But he doesn't hesitate to respond to your question.

"Totoko!" he cries grabbing your hand and dashing towards a direction that you can't count.

Before you know it you're in front of a fish market. Not to mention the strangely decorated kind. With a boat filled with fish and a colourful look. Sigh.

You look to Karamatsu who is smiling while looking at you.

"Totoko lives here!" he says his eyes twinkling, you swear you almost see a dog tail wagging furiously out of his ass.

"Totoko?" you ask looking at Karamatsu curiously.

He nods. "Totoko is our friend. She's. Pretty cute. Hahaha," he chuckles stupidly.

"Well. We're not here for flirting with friends. We're here for fish," you say readjusting the bags on your shoulders and step inside the fish market.