Halo

2 weeks later

I hadn't seen KB in a week, because I had been so busy. Did I miss him? Hell yes but I got a job. And I need to make this money. It was Thursday, I was still at work, and I had to cancel on KB again for our weekly walks. He isn't taking it well.

"Walter I have the I-9 forms for the new employees filled out for you." I walked into Walter's office at 6:30 to turn in the rest of the paperwork for the day. "I'm going to head out for the day. Have a goodnight." I smiled and turned around.

"Hey Zion wait." He caught me at the door. He smiled down at me. "You have been doing such a great job around here. You have helped me and Dawn a lot. I appreciate it."

"Just doing my job." I smiled politely. Am I still feeling Walter? No. Is he still attractive. Very much so. But at this point I am crushing on KB too hard to see anyone else. Walter grabbed my hand before I could leave. I could feel my phone ringing in my pocket, I knew it was KB calling to talk about the canceled walks.

"Yeah you do such a good job I was wondering if I could take you to dinner, to show my appreciation." I looked at him shocked. Is he asking me out?

"Is that appropriate?" I asked curiously.

"Well if anyone asks I'll just tell them it was for work." He perfect teeth gleamed at me.

"Uhm. Okay sure." I wasn't sure about this, but ain't no way I was going to turn down some free food.

"Wonderful, how about Saturday I'll pick you up?" I nodded yes. He grinned and let my hand go. I immediately walked back to my desk, gathered my things and went to my car. KB was still calling but I figured I could just drop by before I went home.

I knocked on his door, he answered a minute later. I smiled at him and went in for a hug. He immediately stepped back. I looked into his eyes and understood that he was very upset. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you seriously that upset? It's just one walk!" I stepped in the house and Bella ran up to me. I picked her up.

"One walk Zi? I haven't seen you in a week. We planned for the past two weeks to go check out that poetry club in the City, and you bailed. We go walking 3 times a week and you bailed both weeks." He walked into his living room.

"I don't understand why you are getting so upset. I have to work KB. Just like you gotta work. I don't hound you when I want to spend the night but I can't cause you are in the studio." I followed him into the living room and sat in the chair across from the couch.

"When is the last time you wanted to hang out!! You haven't texted me about chilling with me in two weeks!" He threw his hands up in frustration. "If we hung out recently its because I texted you. And I hate that shit cause it makes me feel like I'm doing all the work."

"KB we are friends I just don't understand why me being busy is such a big deal? You act like you know me but if you did you would know how important work is to me."

"Fuck Friends." He stood up towering over me. "You know we both like each other more than friends! So why we playing? Oh I know because Zion got all these damn walls up."

"Just because I like you doesn't mean that I should drop everything for you. Like I said before I have work to do. I'm sorry I cancelled on you. But I need to take care of me." I stood up looking up at him. "I have no walls up. I let you in. I tell you things that I'm not proud of."

"If you have no walls up, then why have you been pulling away? Why haven't I seen you in the past two weeks?" I grew silent. "See, as much as you think I don't know you I do. I know this is another wall that I have to break down to get to you. And I want you so I do what it takes. But you are making this fucking difficult. I can't be doing this alone."

I said nothing.

"I'm not finna keep chasing you if you don't want me. Cause that's what this feels like. I got feelings for you and it feels like you aren't reciprocating them. And if you not that's cool. But let me know." He grabbed my hand. "From the get, there has been something about you that has pulled me to you, and I don't want to let that go." He wrapped his arms around me. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.

"Lil mama, you got my heart, so fast I don't even know what is going on. I know you feel the same way just show me." I ripped away from him. And looked him in the eye, I could feel my eyes water just a bit as I slid on my shades to hid my eyes.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I walked out of his house without looking back. I got into my car and backed out of his driveway. The radio playing quietly as I drove myself home.

Remember those walls I built

Well Baby they're tumbling down

And they didn't even put up a fight

They didn't even make a sound

I found a way to let you in

But I never really had a doubt

Standing in the light of your halo (oh oh)

I've got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened

Every rule I had you breaking

It's the risk that I'm taking

I ain't never gonna shut you out

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism, are always welcome. I want to become a better writer for you guys enjoyment and for myself.

Until next time 😘😘😘