Chapter 14. Underestimating Rage.

Scarlett.

"Why are you giving me this?" I asked Martin as he stood outside my door.
"Rage's order." He smiles and hands me a small card holder with a shiny black Credit Card.
"I am not taking this, Martin. Shove it up his butthole." I snapped.
I was moody.
Not even three weeks into our meeting and that butthole thinks he can force me to marry him.
I WILL BE DAMNED IF HE THINKS HE CAN BUY ME WITH A CREDIT CARD.
Martin chuckles shaking his head.
"This is for your own safety, Madame. He does not wants you to go anywhere empty handed." Martin says.
Oh my god!
How does he knows my bank account is nil?
"Wait...How do you both know I am empty?" I ask scowling.
I haven't been able to work this past week.
So that means no salary.
I was thankful of Tim that he had already gone out to get groceries a week back.
Otherwise all we would have been eating is cardboard.
"We know everything Scarlett. You really think Rage will let you be empty handed in his care?" Martin asking raising his grey haired eyebrows.
"I am not taking it. I am going back to work in half an hour." I said stepping back to shut the door, but Martin stops me.
"Please, Scarlett. Do not give him any more reasons to be more angry. You.....Do not know. What he is going through as we speak. Just do as he says for now. Than maybe later on you can discuss about your finances." Martin urged.
Sighing in defeat I grabbed the card
"Also I should let you know...." Martin sighs frustrated and looks down at his perfect shiny black shoes.
For a butler he sure did look like a freakin' billionaire.
"Spit it out already, Martin. You are giving me your grey hair." I retorted.
He chuckles and faces me again.
"Rage had asked me two weeks back to get you and your younger brother into a renowned college for your talents in arts..."
I didn't let him finish.
"Did you both break into my house." I shouted.
First the perfectly fitting dress and the ample amount of clothes in his closet all in my perfect size even MY GODDAMN UNDERWEAR. Second the barging into my house with a magical spare key. Now they KNOW I PAINT.
"Yes. Yes. We did. We had to make sure you were safe and protected for the time being that you stay here." Martin tells me honestly.
"Let me make this clear to the two of you. AND I WONT REPEAT IT AGAIN. I AM NOT MARRYING HIM AND NEITHER AM I OR TIM GOING TO A COLLEGE RAGE CHOOSES FOR US. OKAY?" I shout in his face and shut the door huffing.
I was in no mood to be messed with.
The only reason I agreed to keep the card was because I know how messed up Rage is at the moment.
Two can play this game.
I smirked.
"Its scary seeing you smiling like that. Joker got into you baby sis." I turn around to find Timothy putting on his leather jacket.
"We both know who is the younger one in between us, baby brother." I retorted.
He laughs and takes his car keys from the kitchen island.
His eyes zone in on my hands.
I look down to find him staring at the ring Rage forced on me.
I have always wondered why Rage wore such a feminine ring on his little finger.
It was plain beautiful with black diamonds.
Classy. Just the way I like it.
If the situation was different I would have adored it.
But I don't.
I am not letting him force me into this.
"You should give him a chance you know. He can keep you safe." I jerk up when I hear Timothy.
"I would have given him a chance if he would have given me a choice in this matter. He is not taking no for an answer, Timmy. He is forcing me in this." I say looking away.
I don't understand why is he supporting Rage.
I understand his reasons for wanting me to agree to be with Rage. But this is plain obscene.
He is forcing me into this.
We hardly know one another and he is already putting a ring on me.
"Maybe...you should talk to him. Ask him for some time." Tim tries to explain.
"He won't listen. I don't know what has gotten into him, Timmy. He was perfectly fine yesterday morning. He was sweet....caring. After everything- I- I agreed to be with him. I don't know what happened so suddenly....that he just can't wait anymore." I feel a tear slip.
Tim wraps his arms around me and rubs my back.
"He was....perfect, Timmy. I actually felt comfortable with him. I found myself....falling for him. The way he cared for me. Stood by me when I thought he would run away seeing how crazy I am. But he stood his ground. I was so...happy, Timmy. I never felt like this before. But he comes home last night, drunken like a pig and he ruins it all by forcing me into this. I don't want to be married, Timmy. I want some time to get to know him properly. I-I haven't even told him about us. How will I promise myself to him forever when I know the person he is going to spend the rest of his life with, is messed up. How will I make it work, Timmy. How will I make it work once I tell him how messed up and tainted I am. How will I make him stay knowing all that he sees is just a shell. Its what underneath me that will make him run.
I-I don't want to loose him. I don't want to loose all that I felt with him. I can't..." I sobbed on my brother's chest.
And all too sudden He goes still over me.
"Sometimes.....I wish you would let it go." He sighed in a broken choke.
Sometime I wished I wasn't what my past made me be too.
But I am. And I don't know how to change it.