Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes

Ashington Upper Middle School

Five years ago

Seventh Grade

 "So Katie," Damon grinned, leaning closer to me. "How does it feel to be the ugliest person in school if not earth? I'm genuinely curious." he scoffed. I ignored him, my arms crossed in front of my chest and my nails beginning to dig into my flesh. If anyone crossed the line, went too far, it was definitely Damon. I could never get a break from him.

Even days that I stayed home because I was so scared to go to school; he would send emails or texts. Brutal ones. Eventually, they burned so much, brought me so much pain, I didn't even bother opening them. I just deleted them on first sight with no hesitation. Every message I opened seemed to just tear bits away from my heart, from what was left of my pride, what was left of the little respect that I had left. I was withering away, these jerks literally sucking the life from me.

"Why don't you tell me, Katie? It's not that hard, all you have to do is tell me," he hissed. I glared at him from the corner of my eye, my grip becoming tighter on my own arms that I felt my nails pierce my skin, light flow of blood dripping from the wounds.

"Just, please, stop," I squeaked, barely able to hear my own words.

"You know I won't," he growled, his dark eyes glinting mischievously.

Present Day

"So, who's next on our list of targets?" Maggie asked me excitedly, a wide grin on her face during lunch the next day. Danica and Amber leaned in, eager to hear what kind of revenge we had for the next bully.

"I was thinking Jeff Allnick and Alistar Jordon," I replied, taking a bite of my sandwich nonchalantly. They all smiled in a silent agreement, exchanging small glances with each other.

"What do you have in mind? Dead-fish-in-the-locker? Steal their clothes and towels during gym? The paint trick again?" Danica questioned eagerly.

"Close. The boys have gym next period, right?" I smirked, leaning back in my chair. Maggie nodded in confirmation, making my smirk grow.

"Perfect. That makes this all the more easier," I laughed, taking a gulp of my Pepsi as the girls looked at me with confusion, obviously very curious about what I had up my dark sleeves.

"Lights. Camera. Makeup." I mused slyly, grinning maliciously at my friends.

***