Part Four

Part Four

Swim down to the bottom of the well, on one side you should see a stone that is slightly pushed in. Push it though to the other side and you will be able to knock down the rest in your path. Swim through the passage and you will be swept in a winding current of an underground river, avoiding obstacles in your path, until the river emerges on the south side of Torsain. When you see a tower in the distance, jump to shore before you hit the waterfall. The drop would surely kill you.

After you're on dry land, you must enter the Lost Woods at the archway and no where else. You'll most definitely find yourself getting lost and you may never find your way back.

My sister will accompany you and I will try to help you when you need it.

"I understand." Link said.

Remember that you will be able to breathe and survive beneath the water. The transition will take some getting used to, but you must use it or you will use far to much energy that you will need to get past this river and to the Lost Woods. Please be careful, young warrior.

He nodded. "I will." The wisp went silent and Link looked down to the bottom of the well he could see now was about ten feet under the surface. He took a deep breath and blew it out, swiping his wet hair from his face. "Here goes nothing."

He submerged and looked around at nothing. He tried to relax and found himself sinking to the bottom of the well, and once there he focused all of his energy into staying calm. He blew out his last breath of air into bubbles that floated up above him. He closed his eyes and focused entirely on the relief of his chest. He sat for a few minutes, his breathing becoming less stressed and erratic. Finally, he was ready.

He opened his eyes.

The first thing he saw was the little wisp hovering around him, there to guide him on the way. He looked past her, and to the wall across from him. He scanned it over, and then he saw it. A single stone that was further back than the rest. He crossed the short distance and pressed his palm against it, pushing it through to the other side.

It fell away cleanly and the rest of the rocks began to give way around it. Soon the path was cleared. He was through in a second and he looked around.

The rugged stone walls of the cave were multi colored in different layers of rock. The water was still around him, and everything was glowing with the light of the small stones that littered the cave walls. The stones were warm to the touch, though the water was cool around him.

The cave dropped after a few feet, declining and then rising back up beyond his sight. He hurried to swim through the small space and as he reached the bend in the cave he glanced up.

He saw the cave was identical to the one he first saw, but it was a straight shot all the way to the top, where he could see a flowing surface to the water. The Underground River.

As he swam upwards, he started to feel the slight pressure of the river's current swirling around him. He pressed on as the current grew stronger and soon he was out of the passage completely.

He bobbed to the surface, taking in a deep breath. The air was moist and heavy, but it felt better to breathe than the water.

The Underground River was much the same as the passage before it, only it was much larger and was just half filled. The current moved him without even having to swim.

He focused on the task at hand, looking ahead for any obstacles that stood it his path. He saw nothing until he was just a few feet from it. A fork in the river.