Chapter 31: Sulking

Chapter 31
Sulking

My friends are visiting me often. Too often. It's like they don't trust me at all. Yes, my mate is not by my side as of now but that doesn't mean that I would commit suicide. It's not going to happen as I still need to see the love of my life. We have plans or at least I have plans for us.

Marcus is inside my room, his back perched on the wall while his arms are crossed across his chest. He's looking at me with an arched brow, expecting me to go out with him and "have fun". Apparently I haven't been outside of my room for a long time and they are assuming that I'm doing something wrong. It's not like I'm doing drugs such as sniffing cocaine and smoking weeds. To be honest, they have no effect on werewolves.

"Come on, Perry. You can't just stay here forever. Don't be a brat." Marcus says with irritation lacing in his eyes, resulting me to glare at him coldly. He tilts his head to the side, mocking me and when it seems that his brow wouldn't go higher, it does. "You're being a ten-year-old brat, I swear, Perry."

Crossing my arms across my chest while my eyes are trained on his, I say, "I can stay here and I will stay here. Fuck off, Marcus." I slump back on the bed, sprawling and sighing out loud. Without my mate by my side, I've been easily exhausted. My mate is basically my energy supplier, my happy pill, the reason why my heart is beating. Without him here, I feel lifeless. "You can stay away from me, Marcus. It's not like I'm using drugs. I'm just being sad, is all."

"Get your ass up, you need to pull your life together."

"I don't expect you to understand, Marc. You don't have a mate. You won't understand me." I say, burying my face in the pillow while my arms are wrapping around another pillow. "Not today. Not tomorrow but until you have a mate."

Silence fills up the room, light seeping through the navy blue curtains, gently swaying here and there as the wind carries them. There's suddenly a tension inside the room and it's so thick. When I look over my shoulder, at Marcus, his jaw is tight, clenched, his eyes are burning with anger but he's not looking at me. His hands are fisted, hard enough to turn his hands white.

This is the first time that I've seen Marcus so upset and I think that I somehow offended him. Well, I think I did offend him. Rolling up and sitting up cross-legged, I call out his name, but he doesn't seem to be hearing me. Instead he just looks at the window with a distant look, jaw still clenched.

"Marc," I call out again much louder this time, hoping that he would hear me. Marcus sets his eyes to me, but the burning hatred in his eyes doesn't fade away. In fact, when he looks at me, the burning hatred in his eyes become much clearer, like he's showing his disdain for me.

"I would never know, huh?" He says coldly. "You're too caught up in your mess, Perry. FYI, I have found my mate and he's not here with me. You're not just the only one who's having a hellish life. Everyone is."

What he has said struck me right in the chest and I look at him with wide eyes. He turns on his heel, holding out the knob of the door but I stop him from turning it. "Wait," I yell, scrambling out of the bed and running towards him. He arches a brow at me and I fidget with my fingers. "I'm sorry for being an ass. So... you have found your mate, huh?"

He sighs, running a hand across his face and putting an annoyed expression. "Yes." He turns the knob, opening the door and getting out of my room. He skids to a stop, throwing me a look. "Are you coming or what?" I nod furiously, running in the closet to pick up a shirt, a plain white V-neck, to wear.

Once I have successfully thrown the V-neck shirt on me, I run back to the doorway where Marcus is and he motions for me to follow him. I shut the door behind me and begin trailing behind him. "So where are we going?"

"Just downtown," he states.

"This world has a downtown?" I ask him with an upbeat tone, which makes him look at me.

He nods. "If you weren't so caught up in your own drama series, then you would have found about it. You're a wanderer, Perry. A Great Wanderer Beta."

"Yeah, yeah, that's old." I say to him, brushing him off. "Ever since I became a Beta after my father, I don't have time to wander or travel."

Marcus rolls his eyes at me but doesn't say anything. When I was younger, I used to go on long walks and I would end up at a different part of the town, the one I didn't explore before. I used to travel only by myself because I wanted to see how beautiful the world was. From trying street foods to going into an isolated place, I have tried those. The place where I've gone never ceased to amaze me. My mother, who died in an rogue ambush fourteen years ago, used to scold me for being so reckless and careless but she always showed love to me. She made me a spoil brat.

When my mother passed away, my father was going insane and it took a lot of courage just to talk to him. It was so hard when your mother was just gone in a blink of an eye. Every day she was the one yelling for us to wake up; that breakfast was ready; pointing that I had an ugly face but only joking; telling me that I just looked like my father who was so damn careless; that my father was a nosy big bastard who liked to fool and goof around. But at the end of the day, she was the one who kept telling us that she loved us; that she'd do anything for us; to kiss us good nights; to tell me bedtime stories; to tell us how happy she was to have us in her life. I have already moved on and so has my father. Though it took a really long time for my father to actually move on, eventually he did.

Ever since then, I'm stuck with my best friends, Cloud and Marcus.

As we reach the downtown of the Shaman world, the streets are busy. There are no cars and such, but the streets and roads are full of people walking. There a lot of girls who wear skirts just above their knees, and if I were still a straight man and hadn't found a mate yet, I would be so attracted to them. But now, they don't have an effect on me. They just look like the average teenage girls, whose hormones are flying everywhere, causing a major distraction towards any straight man.

There are a lot of chatters here and there. The signage of each restaurant and bars and place is glowing with neon, blinking bright in vivid colors such as green, blue, red, pink, violet and yellow despite the bright sky looming over us.

We head inside a bar named White Spirits. The walls are made of wood, polished. This bar is a two story place, with a lot of people bouncing and jumping on the dance floor as an electro music blasts through the big speakers that are placed on each corner of the bar. Different color of lasers fly everywhere across the room. The place is nothing small. On the right side is the counter where a girl dressed in a white long-sleeves polo, the sleeves are rolled up to the elbows. Her dark hair is tied, cascading down her back in an elegant manner, her lips are painted with a lighter shade of pink. Marcus approaches her, talking with her and the girl seems to flirt with her, throwing a lot of winks in his direction.

Marcus motions for me to move forward and so I do. The girl sets her eyes on me and a flirty smile quirks its way up onto her lips. It doesn't look attractive at all.

"Why are we here again?" I ask him over the blasting of music through the speakers. He doesn't get it, so I yell in his ear.

"To have fun for a while!" He shouts, chuckling, his eyes crinkling. I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously, sighing when the girl puts a shot glass in front of me on the table. She throws me a smirk, wiggling her brows and flipping her hair as she assists another customer. I grimace, frowning. "While we're here, I'll tell you about my mate!"

"Spill it now, Marcus!"